5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil Condition Sensor Question

LZM3285

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500, 3.6L (23 mpg last 35K miles). I have read about oil condition sensor using an algorithm to tell how much use is left in my oil. My readout drops 1% for every 100 miles I drive exactly. Is it just a reminder or is there some science behind it?
Thanks.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a great question. I would also like to know if its sensor based information or just a simple algorithm.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500, 3.6L (23 mpg last 35K miles). I have read about oil condition sensor using an algorithm to tell how much use is left in my oil. My readout drops 1% for every 100 miles I drive exactly. Is it just a reminder or is there some science behind it?
Thanks.

No Hemi a Ram without a Hemi seriously .....

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine counts down exactly the same...1% for every hundred miles. I assumed it was simply a countdown timer and no oil quality sensors, etc are part of the system. I'd like to be wrong on this, but am I?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine counts down exactly the same...1% for every hundred miles. I assumed it was simply a countdown timer and no oil quality sensors, etc are part of the system. I'd like to be wrong on this, but am I?
you are not wrong if everybody oil life indicator go down 1% for every 100 miles.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks.
How many miles have you driven? What type of driving? My oil life indicator has appeared to be as you say with highway driving and has adjusted to around 7,000 miles if I continued to drive under the current conditions.

see post #4

More info on oil change

Users who are viewing this thread