5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil Catch Can on DT EcoDiesel?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to keep the oil out of the intercooler/turbo and the back of the valves. A catch can would help minimize the oil intrusion into these areas.

It's a simple/easy mod on the 5.7. However, I'm reading that there are issues with doing it to 2019+ EcoDiesel. One enterprising individual got his catch can install to work (without throwing codes) by tapping a vacuum line into the throttle body...and doing some other stuff.

Has anyone here successfully, and simply, been able to install and run an oil catch can without tripping all sorts of codes?

Thanks!

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Thanks. How will dealership service departments react to seeing it installed? Wondering what the risk of voiding the warranty would be.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this site is only site i saw that makes one for eco diesel

Thanks for posting that! That's the first I've seen. I'll look into it and see if I can get it reasonably and, depending on that, install it and see if codes spit out.

ETA: looking at it, it doesn't seem any different than a Mishimoto or the other high-flow catch-cans out there.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a Catch Can, but since I am currently Homeless, all
my Mods have been put on hold until I secure Housing. I am
using a Blowup Mattress at work until I get that housing.

Malodave

• Wow
Reactions: c3k

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that! That's the first I've seen. I'll look into it and see if I can get it reasonably and, depending on that, install it and see if codes spit out.

ETA: looking at it, it doesn't seem any different than a Mishimoto or the other high-flow catch-cans out there.
same thing i was thinking when i saw it

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heads up to northerners, catch cans separate out water which is good but water freezes so it will become something you need to check regularly if you are in below freezing environments. A frozen line blocking EVAP or the flow of air can throw codes or cause damage and keeping in mind you'll need to empty it often and tell your dealership it's there and argue with them about warranty issues.

Users who are viewing this thread