5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off-Road Package - How big of a tire can I go?

Michael_D

Reaction score
There is no rubbing or any issue at all when driving normal. Even when the suspension is in "Areo" mode and I hit frost heaves at 70 mph. It only rubs during a hard turn R/L, like when parking. I'm certain ten minutes with a Dremel will take care of it. If it were not for this surprise snow storm today, I'd already taken care of it.

I like molded mud flap/splash guards. And I know I can't be the only person who does, which is why I posted this info.

My winter tires are 275/60/20 Blizzaks, and they are mounted on the factory Longhorn rims. They do not rub at all, under any condition, but the same pinch point is very close. Probably 3/8".

In2h2o

Reaction score
I went with 295/60/R20s on my Longhorn with ORP...fits great no rubbing! They are basically right at 34” and a little over 11.5 wide
382f5cd5112c2d5e09728509f5a5321d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im a fan of your truck. Im about to pull the trigger on the same tire size on my limited without ORP. Looking to get nitto ridge grapplers. Any advise or insights?

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Im a fan of your truck. Im about to pull the trigger on the same tire size on my limited without ORP. Looking to get nitto ridge grapplers. Any advise or insights?
I am planning on doing the same size ridge grappler as well but I am leveling a North Edition Bighorn (1" factory lift) and changing my rims to a 20x9 -12 offset. I was told it should fit by 2 different shops and I sure hope they are right. Otherwise out comes the dremel or in goes a 4" BDS lift kit.

In2h2o

Reaction score
I am planning on doing the same size ridge grappler as well but I am leveling a North Edition Bighorn (1" factory lift) and changing my rims to a 20x9 -12 offset. I was told it should fit by 2 different shops and I sure hope they are right. Otherwise out comes the dremel or in goes a 4" BDS lift kit.
Did you do it yet? I gotta see pictures!

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Did you do it yet? I gotta see pictures!
I am still waiting on The Bilstein b8 5100 to come in and then need a weather window to install everything. Weather in NY has been damn cold last 2 weeks and was thinking of installing it myself although I may just have a local shop do everything. Bottom line is am I still waiting

2jzDave

Reaction score
I went with 295/60/R20s on my Longhorn with ORP...fits great no rubbing! They are basically right at 34” and a little over 11.5 wide
382f5cd5112c2d5e09728509f5a5321d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry for reviving this, I like this look a lot. Looks leveled as well? I didn't buy my truck for fuel economy, but I am curious what your average mpg is with this setup

Users who are viewing this thread