5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Road 1” Lift

HotStuff

Reaction score
Sounds kinda like the North package instead of the Off Road Package. Bedside stickers say 4x4 or 4x4 Off Road?

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Sounds kinda like the North package instead of the Off Road Package. Bedside stickers say 4x4 or 4x4 Off Road?
It does have the north package, only says 4x4 which I why I was questioning it. I have basically everything but the stickers I think lol

Last edited:

NorthEdition19

Reaction score
Its definitely the north edition package, I have the package with my truck. Only thing that's different is the side decal and the lack of skid plates. Suspension is the same as well as everything else the ORP comes with.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
It does have the north package, only says 4x4 which I why I was questioning it. I have basically everything but the stickers I think lol
Rear shocks should be part number 68262592AC. Build sheet should say "Extra HD Shock Absorbers". Build sheet should also say "North Edition". "North Edition" will be on your window sticker as an option. If you had the Off Road Package, it would say so on your Window Sticker, but you can't have both the North Edition and the Off Road Package. The North Edition has most everything that the Off Road Package has except skid plates (for off road protection) - the North Edition is targeted more at deep snow / plowing market, that's why it doesn't have the protection package. But it has the same shocks and springs as the Off Road Package.

Last edited:

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Thanks guys this definitely clears it up! Dang, now I need to know how much those skid plates are from mopar

canative

Reaction score
I have a question, I have the ORP on my Big Horn, when Bilstein comes out with the new Leveling shocks can I just use the shocks for leveling or should I still change out the UCA?

Rodney482

Reaction score
Its definitely the north edition package, I have the package with my truck. Only thing that's different is the side decal and the lack of skid plates. Suspension is the same as well as everything else the ORP comes with.

My North Edition has all the skid plates

xrayeddave

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Hey Rammit seems you have answer I am looking for. Posted thread about not being able to level or raise my off road equipped 2019 ram due to problems with ball joint angle. Can you steer me to your post on the 3 1/2 inch lift solution and why off road option is a problem and thanks in advance. New member here, sorry to interupt here but excited that there may be a solution.

Last edited:

NorthEdition19

Reaction score
Hey Rammit seems you have answer I am looking for. Posted thread about not being able to level or raise my off road equipped 2019 ram due to problems with ball joint angle. Can you steer me to your post on the 3 1/2 inch lift solution and why off road option is a problem and thanks in advance. New member here, sorry to interupt here but excited that there may be a solution.
[/QUOTE]
The 3.5 level isn’t recommended because your essentially going to end up at 4.5” which is too high for not changing out a bunch of parts. Look into the ready lift 2” spacer kit that comes with new control arms. I’ve found it for the upper $400s.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
This is the thread I put together on this a while back. Check it out and let me k ow if you have any other questions

Users who are viewing this thread