5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Wireless pad fail

bobf5761

Reaction score
People I have a 19 Dodge Ram Rebel I have installed the new OEM wireless charging pad per instructions I put one wire to pin 46 and the other wire and pin 9 on the interior fuse box. I got it all back together and it does not work any ideas? Can I wire that to a hot wire

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Have you cycled the ignition yet? Mine did not work until I had done that. Thought I had wired something wrong at first. LOL

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
People I have a 19 Dodge Ram Rebel I have installed the new OEM wireless charging pad per instructions I put one wire to pin 46 and the other wire and pin 9 on the interior fuse box. I got it all back together and it does not work any ideas? Can I wire that to a hot wire
a lot of things on these trucks need a sales code programed into the computer
I wonder if that is what the issue is here

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you program it with AlfaODB? You have to enable it.

vincentw56

Reaction score
There is no programming needed to activate the wireless chargers. The sales code at the end of the instructions only updates the truck to having "dealer installed equipment".
Cool, I know there is a setting in AlfaODB for it so I guess it isn't used.

bobf5761

Reaction score
I have pulled the console out unplug the unit I have 14.5 V on the hot wire I have full continuity on the ground wire and I have full continuity on the third wire going to the b c m. So full power and continuity all the way to the plug I plug it in I get nothing I've driven it almost a hundred miles and I still have nothing

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have pulled the console out unplug the unit I have 14.5 V on the hot wire I have full continuity on the ground wire and I have full continuity on the third wire going to the b c m. So full power and continuity all the way to the plug I plug it in I get nothing I've driven it almost a hundred miles and I still have nothing
What phone are you using it with? Did you remove any cases? Can you show pics of the phone on it?

vincentw56

Reaction score
galaxy s20 fe, no case, i have power or continuity to all 3 wires at the plug
The only other thing I can think of is it does need programming with AlfaODB. Or, it is broken. I do know that my phone has to be sideways and pushed all the way down into the holder or it won't work. It also needs to be as far left as possible. I have an S20 Ultra.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Did you mean pin 45 and 9? Also were there existing wires there or did you have to splice in?

Wire 45 should be orange and 9 should be pink if they are populated.

Last edited:

bobf5761

Reaction score
Did you mean pin 45 and 9? Also were there existing wires there or did you have to splice in?

Wire 45 should be orange and 9 should be pink if they are populated.
yes 45 and 9. both spliced. contacted dealer i got it from, they say the unit is bad. they wanted me to return the entire kit, i told them im not ripping the console and dash apart again, ill send then just the elect box it self, they agreed, they shipped it on yesterday

MrMisk

Reaction score
Sales code needs to be added, programmed into the bcm., perform a reconfiguration and proxi alignment of the modules. Let system go to sleep for a few minutes and it should work.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Sales code needs to be added, programmed into the bcm., perform a reconfiguration and proxi alignment of the modules. Let system go to sleep for a few minutes and it should work.
Multiple members on this forum have installed the charger and have not added the sales code. It can be added, but it is not necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread