5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM vs Rough Country tow hooks

JPena

Reaction score
Looking to get tow hooks for my 2021 ram 1500. Can’t decide if I should go with Mopar hooks or the Rough Country hooks.
Any advise

Probably not much difference between the two, OEM bezels will likely have better fitment. If you're going for looks over use you can find the Chinesium version on Amazon for $30

Thanks, I wasn’t considering Amazon ones but I will take a look and see what they got. Thanks

Nice part about the RC hooks is you don’t have to completely remove the bumper bolts. I have them and they look great. Haven’t had to use them but they feel robust. Took less than an hour to install.

Thanks!
I noticed RC have more sharp look and OEM has a more round look to the hook. I may just go with RC hooks

I finally got around to installing the Rough Country Hooks. Install was super easy, took about 30 minutes and and would have been faster but had an issue with a missing 18 MM socket.TH.jpg

Wow, most on here lose 10mm sockets like crazy. You lose a 18mm, that's weird. :giggle:

Rough Country's website indicates that the tow hooks only fit up to model year 2021. Surely these fit on years up through 2024 also, right?

Rough Country's website indicates that the tow hooks only fit up to model year 2021. Surely these fit on years up through 2024 also, right?
Yup. I have the RC hooks on my 2025. Same mopar part #

I went the painful route and decided to install some knock off eBay ones. I forgot how hard it was to remove that long bolt! If I would had remembered, I would have went with RC haha.

I thought y'all were just complainers haha my bad guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back