5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM sub in a 1500 longhorn?

jimmyjam

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 with the 6 speaker non alpine system. I've upgraded the speakers to infinitys, but I was wondering if I could buy the OEM sub from say a limited, and put it in the same spot behind the passenger ear seat in my truck. Is the same cut out in all cabs and just not used for some models?

Jbenevides89

Reaction score
I would like to know the same thing. I have a 2020 Rebel that I would like to upgrade the speakers and add the sub....IF RAM can fix the water leaks that is.

Jonandyork

Reaction score
I've been looking for a while but can not find much info on the factory sub. I know there is an cover behind the seat where the sub would have been but room looks almost to small for an affective sub.

Jbenevides89

Reaction score
I know the alpine system in the Laramie I drove for a bit was pretty good for factory. The sub was fine for me but then again I am not trying to rattle my truck apart and have the mirror fall down every time it hits.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have one I removed from my truck here at my house somewhere if someone wants one for real.

Jbenevides89

Reaction score
I have one I removed from my truck here at my house somewhere if someone wants one for real.
Is it the speaker alone or the whole box assembly? I would like it, but I will give Jimmyjam first dibs since its his thread.

jimmyjam

Reaction score
If it is available, I would love to have it I'm not looking for a super power sub, just a little more thump. I figured oem would do just that and not take up any room.

mcosub

Reaction score
Will be great to know if you are able to get it fit in and wired up. I’m looking to upgrade my speakers at some point also.

Users who are viewing this thread