5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd question (Exhaust Related)

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
So bit of a weird thing I've got for you guys today. I did a lot of searching online but couldn't find an answer. Hoping someone here has heard of, or had personal experiences with this.

A buddy of mine has a Borla Atak cat back system he's trying to get rid of and it's the system I've been looking at getting. Thing is, his system is off a 2018 F-150.

He seems convinced a muffler shop could do some custom work and make it fit in my truck. My instinct tells me there's no way without major hacking, and therefore probably distorting the sound or some weird s#!t I'm not even considering.

I said no initially. But he came back to me recently and slashed his original asking price and offered it to me for $500 CAD. The prices I'm looking at for a new system is anywhere from $1200-1500, and so a part of me is like, maaaaybe?

I get the whole, "you get what you pay for" thing but considering how much savings we're talking about here, has anyone ever heard of someone doing something like this? Taking an exhaust system from one make to another? Doesn't even have to be Borla, just in general.

Also feel free to comment that I'm an idiot for even giving this a thought. But any thoughts would be appreciated.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s going to cost you that at the exhaust shop for them to fabricate it to fit your truck. Not worth it, if he was GIVING it to you then maybe. Otherwise he is just looking to make a quick buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
It’s going to cost you that at the exhaust shop for them to fabricate it to fit your truck. Not worth it, if he was GIVING it to you then maybe. Otherwise he is just looking to make a quick buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that was/is definitely a consideration. I have a guy at a shop that does great work for a decent price. I should really call him and have this chat, but figured I'd get some others input as well before I go wasting his time.

Users who are viewing this thread