5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Occupant Restraint Controller - V71/NHTSA 19V-407

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I received this Urgent Safety Recall flyer in the mail this week. Was curious if anyone has had this service done on their truck.

Apparently this recall addresses the ORC "Occupant Restraint Controller" that may contain software that has a potential vulnerability during power-down memory clean-up events which can corrupt flash memory.

Here is the recall report: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCLRPT-19V407-5385.PDF

Attachments

• RCLRPT-19V407-5385.PDF
    209.2 KB · Views: 7

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I believe I had this done several months ago as well.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting that you are just getting the notice. I had this done on May 31st. View attachment 42060
Perhaps they are staggering the notices for the recall so that the service departments will not be inundated.

I wanted to make sure that there were no issues with this updated prior to taking the vehicle in for service.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I had this completed a long time ago as well. Was a quick update, no negative impact.

Users who are viewing this thread