5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NOW I GET IT!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before I bought my 2019 Laramie (and after), I read a lot of articles claiming how great these trucks are for 2019. I really didn't think much of the claims of greatness until now. Of course, my opinion of the truck was somewhat tainted by the multiple quality problems that had to be fixed by my Service Department. Anyway, I had to drop off my truck today because the brakes, glovebox, and bushings finally came in. My Dealership gave me a 2018 Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab as a loaner. While the 2018 Big Horn is a respectable truck; it does not compare to my 2019 Laramie. Now, I know Laramie is a little more luxurious; but the feel, ride, interior space, handling, etc. should be similar between a Laramie and a Big Horn. My observation is that the 2109 is way ahead of the outgoing 2018 in terms of ride, handling, noise, space, and general comfort. To me it was a huge difference and a big surprise. Now I understand the rave reviews and why I see people trading in what are practically new 2017 and 2018 RAMs for 2019s.
I know many of you probably already knew the difference; but I couldn't believe it. So, for those who are trolling the forum looking at all our complaints about quality I have this advice based upon my experience: if you are thinking about buying the 2019 to replace a previous model....do it. Yes, there are a few problems, but FCA is honoring the warranty and taking care of everything. This truck really is that good despite some "new model year" issues.

Lablvr2

Reaction score
I totally agree with you!! You can read some of my other posts on here but I traded my 2017 Laramie 4x4 for a new limited dripping in all the options and nothing.. and I mean nothing beats the feel, handling and amount of detail that went into the design. I have has some minor issues with fit and finish 2 weeks in but FCA is handling and I know they will continue to do the right thing by all of us die hard Ram customers.. and continue to improve on quality. I am driving my 10th Ram since 1998 and had one or more of every generation.. they just seem to keep getting better and better with time. One guys opinion of course based on experience.

Users who are viewing this thread