5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noticably louder exhaust on 2021 Laramie than 2019 Big Horn

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a difference in the exhaust note of these trucks based on year or trim? I had a 2019 Big Horn with dual exhaust tips and a non-etorque hemi and considered a cat-back or other exhaust because it was so mild. Had a 2021 Laramie with etorque for a week now and immediately thought it sounded louder when starting in the garage but today used remote start outside and confirmed it has a much deeper "V8" exhaust note on cold start - quiets down but I can hear it when getting into the gas for sure. Can't figure why it sounds different but I'm happy.

2021 they got rid of the resonators.
Thanks - sounds so much better and good to know I'm not making it up! Do you have a source for the info that they made the change for 2021's? Obviously I believe you but just curious to read more about why they made the change etc. Thanks!

Thanks - sounds so much better and good to know I'm not making it up! Do you have a source for the info that they made the change for 2021's? Obviously I believe you but just curious to read more about why they made the change etc. Thanks!
Easiest way is to look under the truck. If you see straight pipe and no bulge before the muffler then you don't have a resonator. If you see a bulge before the tailpipes then you have resonators. They would be about as big as the old glasspak mufflers.

I agree that the 21's sound great, but it looks like they still have the resonators.

Sorry I miss spoke only the forward one is removed.
But it seams to make a difference .
I know because I looked when I was installing my running boards on my 2021

My, May built, 2020 does not have a forward resonator. I also recently removed the rear resonators with the B2 Fab kit to go along with the B2 oval muffler swap I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back