5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noise from rear of truck.

Weggie4

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram bighorn, crew cab, 6/4 bed. I have a whistling noise from rear end 40 mph and above. Noise does not change with speed or RPM. I put the rear end on jack stands so to rule out wind noise. Did research found recall U88, I checked my rear axle fluid almost 3/4 low,that was to first knuckle. It has been to dealership they replaced pinion gears, seals and bearings. Still haven’t taken care of the whistle. It has been there for 9 weeks. They want me to pick it up until it is a bigger issue.
Has anyone had a similar issue?
Any ideas?
Thank you.

Weggie4

Reaction score
Update:

came off the factory line with wrong shims in the rear end.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram bighorn, crew cab, 6/4 bed. I have a whistling noise from rear end 40 mph and above. Noise does not change with speed or RPM. I put the rear end on jack stands so to rule out wind noise. Did research found recall U88, I checked my rear axle fluid almost 3/4 low,that was to first knuckle. It has been to dealership they replaced pinion gears, seals and bearings. Still haven’t taken care of the whistle. It has been there for 9 weeks. They want me to pick it up until it is a bigger issue.
Has anyone had a similar issue?
Any ideas?
Thank you.
U88 says its for the DS (4th Gen/Classic). Do you have a DS (Classic) or DT (New Ram)?

Users who are viewing this thread