5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noise after Level Kit

Ramintime

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has or had same issue but I had a terrible popping or clunking noise after dealer installed Rough Country 2" level kit. Brought it to dealer x2 after and couldn't solve. Removed the kit and noise is gone. Too bad. But still fit Toyo Open Country AT II on stock off road. Still happy but too bad with issue on level kit.
Did you have the full leveling strut kit or just the spacers?

belizondo09

Reaction score
2020 Rebel here same thing happened to me after installing Reddylift 2" leveling kit, only on the driver side but the sway bar link was very loose, has happened twice since i did the lift.

Fmj2113

Reaction score
I just lifted my truck 6" with an RC kit. And after about 400 miles had the same problem. Clunking during a slow brake to stop. Took it to the installer and it took him 2 hrs to locate the source and it was infact nuts inside the crossmember that needed re-tightening. It is true that after settling and 500mi, the kits need to be re-tre-tightened.
Did it ever make that noise again?

Fmj2113

Reaction score
dude i have the same issue, everyone is complaining about the same thing, i like RC but **** them on this pos level kit. They shouldn't be selling it, its ruining the struts and making things way to stiff.
Did this issue ever get fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread