5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No under hood engine light

sjsleuth

Reaction score
So I was swapping out my lights today for LED and when I went to do the hood light I found I don't have one $55,000 truck what's up with that. There's a harness but no socket. Oversight?

So I was swapping out my lights today for LED and when I went to do the hood light I found I don't have one $55,000 truck what's up with that. There's a harness but no socket. Oversight?
there are some great aftermarket LED strips for under hood lights on Amazon

I remember buying my 1995 Ram and finding the retractable under hood flashlight. Thought it was a great idea. In reality, I never used it. I’m more annoyed that my 57k dollar truck doesn’t have rear heated seats. None the less, it is another cost cutting measure that the bean counters got to.

I discovered the same thing in the same way. I didn't look for a harness.

I discovered the same thing in the same way. I didn't look for a harness.
There's a harness that appears to go underneath the heat shield on the hood. I assume that's it. I guess this will be my next mod, lol.

There's a harness that appears to go underneath the heat shield on the hood. I assume that's it. I guess this will be my next mod, lol.
Keep us(me) updated on what solution you find as I will probably want to do it as well.

I just saw a video on youtube about how to install but that was a 2016. Not sure if it is the same for the 2019 5th gen. But for the 2016 you attach the light and harness to the hood and plug into a female connector on/near the firewall next to the hinge on the passenger side.

I have a few magnetic flashlights that do the job better than the underhood light ever did.. I will be putting an under hood LED set at some point.. but not a necessity right now....

my ram has rear heated seats though.....

I just saw a video on youtube about how to install but that was a 2016. Not sure if it is the same for the 2019 5th gen. But for the 2016 you attach the light and harness to the hood and plug into a female connector on/near the firewall next to the hinge on the passenger side.
I saw that also. I found a Mopar kit but its for an older model classic. Haven't found the part number for our trucks.

I just found out I don’t have a light either. That isn’t a harness it’s the cable to release the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back