5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Spill Oil Systems Drain Plug

AndreiV

Reaction score
Just got my No Spill Oil drain plug / system & I am pumped. Even more excited that is was "Made in Canada" **Canadian pride !!** 1000 more mile to go before I put it in. Looks like it was well designed. Info is here https://www.nospillsystems.com/

View attachment 18850
Well, isnt this for draining oil from oil pan? Or also for draining oil from oil filter? Still need to puncture hole in the filter?

steindog

Reaction score
Just got my No Spill Oil drain plug / system & I am pumped. Even more excited that is was "Made in Canada" **Canadian pride !!** 1000 more mile to go before I put it in. Looks like it was well designed. Info is here https://www.nospillsystems.com/

View attachment 18850
Nothing against Canada but I installed the German made one by Stahlbus and it also appears to be very high quality design and build.

steindog

Reaction score
The Stahlbus design is very fail safe in my opinion. In addition to the robust spring loaded ball/check valve a secondary secure threaded cap with o ring is the second line of defense. Not a worry in my mind about it's safety compared to the factory plug. The obvious benefit of these systems short of dealing with the filter change which they do nothing for is managing the draining of hot oil straight out a hose into the jug with zero mess. The other benefit is not worrying about some less than caring oil change dude applying too much torque to our drain plugs year after year and compromising the female threads eventually. Pretty much one and done on those threads after first installation. 2 cents here.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Stahlbus design is very fail safe in my opinion. In addition to the robust spring loaded ball/check valve a secondary secure threaded cap with o ring is the second line of defense. Not a worry in my mind about it's safety compared to the factory plug. The obvious benefit of these systems short of dealing with the filter change which they do nothing for is managing the draining of hot oil straight out a hose into the jug with zero mess. The other benefit is not worrying about some less than caring oil change dude applying too much torque to our drain plugs year after year and compromising the female threads eventually. Pretty much one and done on those threads after first installation. 2 cents here.
I feel the same way about the Fumoto I installed on mine. I’ve aimed it away from the sway bar, and I *shouldn’t* ever need to remove it. A positive spring lock on the 90-degree valve handle plus a redundant plastic safety clip keeps it from opening accidentally. The design is apparently solid enough that it is an OEM part for some Japanese brands.

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
I ran my first oil change with the no spill plug this weekend. It was smooth an clean, not a drop spilled that is untill i went after the filter ! I need to work on my bag game when removing the oil filter. #DIYmechanic

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the Femco quick drain at last oil change and it went great. If only they would make a super great Oil Filter relocation kit.... :unsure: My bagging also needs work.... :ROFLMAO:

e55amg2

Reaction score
Honestly, the worst part of these oil changes is the filter. I'd give a kidney to have the upright cartridge type I had on my BMWs and Mercs. Literally zero mess, and no worry about stuck gaskets or leaks. All of the conversion kits either put the filter off to an angle (which makes it worse to access) or are from cartridge to spin on.

Users who are viewing this thread