5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound.......resolved

James1414d

Reaction score
Not a pleasant experience. I drove into the woods for a hike. Came back to find no sound. I was on SiriusXM and figured it was from the tree cover. I drove to a clear area with no change. Switched to FM, still no sound. I turned the truck off a couple times, no change. Kinda frustrated, I pulled off after driving in silence to see if I could do anything. I switched to AM, static. Ok. Now sound was back. Switched to FM, ok. Switched to SiriusXM no probs.
First real prob with the unit
I should say too, I had to reconnect my phone after all that.

RHut

Reaction score
I had nearly the same problem

No sound from audiobook
No sound from XM

Finally went to fm and got sound

Then back to audiobook and it had sound

How wierd is this!?

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Just had the same thing happen yesterday and this morning. Ran to the store last night and didn’t even realize for a while that there wasn’t any sound. Cycled through Sirius channels, nothing. Disconnected my phone, cable, reconnected, nothing. Cycled mute, screen off/on, nothing.

Thought it was the AMPPRO interface for my sub system but wanted to research before I started digging into the head unit and came upon this thread. Hit AM, heard static, adjusted volume up and down, then went back to Sirius. No issues. First glitch I’ve had. Glad it’s fixed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread