5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Sound Coming From Speakers

ram1500BH

Reaction score
Got in my truck earlier this morning and there was no sound coming from my radio. I noticed this also effected the warning beeps when backing up, so I don't believe it's an issue directly related to the radio. I've searched google for other people with the same issue, and someone posted this response:

Sorry for late response I was away on vacation with no cellphone service. So I pulled the amplifier fuse and started the truck. Radio still worked but no sound (obviously). I shut the truck off and installed the fuse back in. Started the truck and bam I have sound again. It hasn't gone mute on me since. I hope it stays that way. At least I have a quick fix if it does and it hopeful helps out others with the same issue.

found here, https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/uconnect-8-4-nav-no-sound.1830/

I have no idea where the amplifier fuse would even be. I looked inside the fuse box, next to the car battery, and didn't see anything there that looked like what I should be looking for.

Anyone experience this, or have a suggestion? I've called 3 dealerships to try and take the truck in, and all 3 are 2 week waits for an appointment for something that I'm guessing is a 5 minute project.

James1414d

Reaction score
Got in my truck earlier this morning and there was no sound coming from my radio. I noticed this also effected the warning beeps when backing up, so I don't believe it's an issue directly related to the radio. I've searched google for other people with the same issue, and someone posted this response:

Sorry for late response I was away on vacation with no cellphone service. So I pulled the amplifier fuse and started the truck. Radio still worked but no sound (obviously). I shut the truck off and installed the fuse back in. Started the truck and bam I have sound again. It hasn't gone mute on me since. I hope it stays that way. At least I have a quick fix if it does and it hopeful helps out others with the same issue.

found here, https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/uconnect-8-4-nav-no-sound.1830/

I have no idea where the amplifier fuse would even be. I looked inside the fuse box, next to the car battery, and didn't see anything there that looked like what I should be looking for.

Anyone experience this, or have a suggestion? I've called 3 dealerships to try and take the truck in, and all 3 are 2 week waits for an appointment for something that I'm guessing is a 5 minute project.
I had the same issue and nothing worked. That is until I switched it to AM and the sound returned. Let me know if it works for you. Random!

ram1500BH

Reaction score
I had the same issue and nothing worked. That is until I switched it to AM and the sound returned. Let me know if it works for you. Random!
I ended up disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and that fixed it. Not ideal but hopefully it doesn’t come up again. If it does I’ll give the AM idea a try!

Jennitran

Reaction score

Review more amp modeling that you may concern by visiting Rockercarparts.
I have the same issue and search for this issue. i found that my speaker wire loose, so it is no sound. I think you try to check the speaker wire? Speaker wire could be loose, or the amplifier being used could be overheated from overuse. Hope you can solve this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread