5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound. At all....

Remixznflow

Reaction score
So today I was running errands around town and when I got in to my truck to head home I realized the radio was on... But i couldn't hear anything. I plugged my phone into the USB to use android auto and see if any sound would play off my phone. Still nothing. It seems I've lost all sound. Has anyone run into this?!

67 RT

Reaction score
Mine has done this about 5 times since I got my truck in July. Seems to come back after the truck is off for a while. It’s odd. Another odd thing is my heated wheel no longer works, turn it on and it turns itself off after 3 seconds.

Remixznflow

Reaction score
Mine has done this about 5 times since I got my truck in July. Seems to come back after the truck is off for a while. It’s odd. Another odd thing is my heated wheel no longer works, turn it on and it turns itself off after 3 seconds.
Man that's no good. I'm going to take mine in I think. Might as well get the bugs in the books.

Phiefer

Reaction score
I've seen a few odd things over the last month with mine. Seems like the u-connect has a mind of its own at times.
1. My heated seats and steering wheel seem unpredictable. I had them turned off and they seem to turn back on. With the weather getting colder in MN, not a major issue for now. This has happened 4 or 5 times.
2. Hearing of the audio problems with low volume, I was sure my system DID NOT have a low volume problem until one day when my autonomous braking gave me a warning over the audio system and then my radio never came back to full vol until i did a key cycle. This has happened once.
3. My Sirius Xm has gone into preview mode by itself at least once.

All of these issues are trivial for now and l'm thinking they are caused by me as i learn my truck. Time will tell.

Last edited:

P. Panda

Reaction score
Same here. Mysterious. Note also that the chime for the parking sensors is also muted.

67 RT

Reaction score
I used your AM trick today. Worked like a charm. Now any tricks to help my heated wheel stay on? Lol. I have a dealer trip scheduled for that soon.

echristi

Reaction score
I had this happen yesterday - I tried USB (car play), Bluetooth, Sirius, and FM. I will try AM if it happens again!

Users who are viewing this thread