5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No power to radio or display

roket77

Reaction score
I went to start truck and info display said key FOB not detected, dash lights acting crazy and truck wouldnt start. (BTW, Dealer replaced battery in October after replacing bad wire harness near chassis so battery is good) After several attempts and jumping it, it finally started and check engine light came on briefly(dealer checked, low voltage issue somewhere). I've been driving with no screen/radio/backup cam. I do have appt. in 3 days but , before I bring in, could I have shorted a fuse or relay through that ordeal? I would like to check prior as I use this for plowing and cant leave truck for several days. If anyone has any ideas that I can check before bringing in, please let me know. I will still bring in to dealer, Thank You in advance,

Mark

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I don't have a helpful suggestion for this particular issue, but I would like to offer some unsolicited advice about creating threads. When you're asking for help with a problem, it's very helpful to provide details about your truck, such as year, model, engine, options, and any aftermarket modifications. These details can help the members here better help you. Many of us list these details in our signatures so that we don't need to remember to include them when asking for help.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went to start truck and info display said key FOB not detected, dash lights acting crazy and truck wouldnt start. (BTW, Dealer replaced battery in October after replacing bad wire harness near chassis so battery is good) After several attempts and jumping it, it finally started and check engine light came on briefly(dealer checked, low voltage issue somewhere). I've been driving with no screen/radio/backup cam. I do have appt. in 3 days but , before I bring in, could I have shorted a fuse or relay through that ordeal? I would like to check prior as I use this for plowing and cant leave truck for several days. If anyone has any ideas that I can check before bringing in, please let me know. I will still bring in to dealer, Thank You in advance,

Mark
How long ago did this happen ?
Everything might come back on after a couple hours .

Users who are viewing this thread