5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Tire 35X12.5R22 Plus Level = horrible ride?

SColang22

Reaction score
i have the rough country 3.5" with nitto ridge grappler 35/12.5 on 20's and don't have any ride issues. I am waiting on BDS to come out with their 4" but I'm pretty happy with what I got now.

Jneally

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think it may be the 22" rims. Does anyone else have the 22" rims without the air ride? Are the 20" rims a lot smoother ride?

SColang22

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think it may be the 22" rims. Does anyone else have the 22" rims without the air ride? Are the 20" rims a lot smoother ride?
Ride smoothness is going to depend on tire side wall. So a 33 on 20s is going to have more side wall than a 33 on 22s. You have more tire flex which will give you a smoother ride

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Tons of people on here have 22s with Terra or even Ridge Grapplers (or other E-load/LT rated tires) - most have ever commented that the ride maybe got a little stiffer and I'd say most are happy with them (many even comment "rides the same"). I don't think you're going to get "a lot" smoother ride, especially if you stay with a 33x. Is 20" more side wall than 22", sure - but it's not going to be that big of a difference. I think you'd see more of a difference switching back to a non-E load tire, the 305/45R22 Terra Grappler is a non-E (an XL rated) tire, and it's actually a little taller than the 33x (but a little less wide). Or another brand tire.

You had the factory 22" Michelin tires on there, wasn't it smoother then? Seems like you are chasing the ride you had stock, so why don't you put your truck back to stock and make sure it still rides like you expect or remember and then work your way up piece by piece from there?

Jneally

Reaction score
Tons of people on here have 22s with Terra or even Ridge Grapplers (or other E-load/LT rated tires) - most have ever commented that the ride maybe got a little stiffer and I'd say most are happy with them (many even comment "rides the same"). I don't think you're going to get "a lot" smoother ride, especially if you stay with a 33x. Is 20" more side wall than 22", sure - but it's not going to be that big of a difference. I think you'd see more of a difference switching back to a non-E load tire, the 305/45R22 Terra Grappler is a non-E (an XL rated) tire, and it's actually a little taller than the 33x (but a little less wide). Or another brand tire.

You had the factory 22" Michelin tires on there, wasn't it smoother then? Seems like you are chasing the ride you had stock, so why don't you put your truck back to stock and make sure it still rides like you expect or remember and then work your way up piece by piece from there?
Thanks, I did put my ride back to stock. It rides much better but now doesn't look good. Lol Thanks for the suggestion!

RodRow

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures you can share?
Yep...just click the link below and it’ll take you to my post with pics.

Jneally

Reaction score
So, I put the Mopar 2" lift on it and Love the ride! I think its better than stock. Now I need tire suggestions please. I'm tempted to try the Nittos again with this lift and see how they ride. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

jaychris

Reaction score
Not sure whats going on but my ride is really rough. I can't live with it but not sure why its so bad when others say its good. Any ideas? Thanks!

You've got 22" wheels, basically no sidewall, on a half-ton truck. Sorry, but it's hard for me to imagine that you could actually expect to get a good ride out of that combination... :)

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I put the Mopar 2" lift on it and Love the ride! I think its better than stock. Now I need tier suggestions please. I'm tempted to try the Nittos again with this lift and see how they ride. Thanks!
From my experience, Nittos ride rough and I will never purchase them again. They seem ok at first and then after about 15,000 to 20,000 miles they hit hard on bumps. I know some here are fans of Nittos, but I am not. For me, it will be Wildpeaks or Cooper AT3 XLT.

Jneally

Reaction score
You've got 22" wheels, basically no sidewall, on a half-ton truck. Sorry, but it's hard for me to imagine that you could actually expect to get a good ride out of that combination... :)
Not sure if you read my most recent post but now all is good! Thanks.

Bradw177

Reaction score
Let me know if you swap tires again. I have the limited 22 on my Laramie. Debating between the 3.5 level or the 2” mopar. I’m either putting on 305/45r22 ridge grapplers or 35 ridge graps. Want the bigger but don’t want to kill the ride

SColang22

Reaction score
Let me know if you swap tires again. I have the limited 22 on my Laramie. Debating between the 3.5 level or the 2” mopar. I’m either putting on 305/45r22 ridge grapplers or 35 ridge graps. Want the bigger but don’t want to kill the ride
Ridge grapplers are going to make your ride worse. You're never going to get a street tire ride with offroad tires. Might want to drop down to a 20 or 18 to increase side wall and help the ride a little bit

Oaguila6

Reaction score
So, I put the Mopar 2" lift on it and Love the ride! I think its better than stock. Now I need tire suggestions please. I'm tempted to try the Nittos again with this lift and see how they ride. Thanks!
Did your mopar lift kit use the same control arms /shocks or did you have to replace ? Thanks

deadsoulz

Reaction score
I have the 22" with the 2" Mopar lift kit with grapplers.....its a little rougher than stock but not bad. My only complaint is I rub on sharp turns. Want to solve that somehow.

superlubricity

Reaction score
I'm running 305/45R22 118S XL Terra Grappler G2s on stock air suspension with no roughness at all. They are only 47.4 lbs each and have been smooth as silk. No need for a stiff LT tire on this truck, IMHO.

Bpramz

Reaction score
I have the 22" with the 2" Mopar lift kit with grapplers.....its a little rougher than stock but not bad. My only complaint is I rub on sharp turns. Want to solve that somehow.
What size grapplers are you running?

Midnight1

Reaction score
I've got my guy that works at an off road shop in Virginia Beach looking. As far as I know, they are not out yet. A lot of these guys swear by the RC ready lifts and haven't had any issues, but those spacers. I can just tell you what I am gonna do. I am no expert when it comes to stuff. There are several forum discussions on here about which lifts/leveling people used. I would just do some research before attempting anything.
Have you installed a level kit and/or tires? I ask because I am also in Va Beach and was looking at going to Eastern Truck( thats where I got my westin steps and customer service is awesome. Lol)

Users who are viewing this thread