5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Ridge Grapplers v/s GY Dura tracks

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
So what is your view; Stick with the dura tracks or get ridge grapplers? I'm not mountain climbing, but I go get in some fairly deep mud on occasion. Additionally, it does snow in VA. I like the dura tracks, but I've always had Nitto. Thoughts?

RodRow

Reaction score
Ridge Grapplers all the way! LOVE mine. Been in pretty deep mud and on ice with really good traction, low road noise and (I think) a better look.

machz

Reaction score
I don't know about grapplers but I have had 3 sets of duratracs on my jeeps. I will say they are a good tire all the way around and I have never had a heavy tire wear so well. My last wrangler rubicon had 72K on the tires and it passed inspection. They are also the best wide truck tire I have used here in the NH winters.

dsmgsx916

Reaction score
I've had both in the past, there are pros and cons to each. I think the Ridge Grapplers do a bit better in the mud than the Duratracs, they both handled snow and ice comparably, the Duratracs were definitely quieter throughout the duration of their life. Both tires love to hold onto rocks and pebbles only to later eject them at high speed on the highway, but that just goes with the territory with these tire types.

Personally, I would spend the money on another upgrade instead and ride out the factory Duratracs, you can always buy Nittos for your next set. My 2 cents...

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So what brand are the stock tires that come with the new 1500s? Specifically the 20-in virgins. I was contemplating having my dealer switch to either the grapplers or KO2 and get credit on the stock tires but I'm still up in the air as I have no experience with either and Don't know what they would give me in credit back for the stock tires. Anyone have any info

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
So what brand are the stock tires that come with the new 1500s? Specifically the 20-in virgins. I was contemplating having my dealer switch to either the grapplers or KO2 and get credit on the stock tires but I'm still up in the air as I have no experience with either and Don't know what they would give me in credit back for the stock tires. Anyone have any info
For the rebels, they come with 275/70R 18 Dura tracs, I'm not sure what tires come on the other rams

Users who are viewing this thread