5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Ridge 305/45/r22 question

Steve24249

Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve been doing tons of searching and I found some good stuff on here, but I just wanted to get more direct feedback. I have a ‘19 Ram Laramie black appearance package with the 22” with the GY Eagle touring tires. Unfortunately I hit a curb and got a flat . Truck has like 8k miles so I’m debating just getting all new tires...

I want to put on the nitto ridge grapplers 305/45/r22. I can get them put on for about $1600 total. I just can’t figure out if they’re going to rub or cause any issue...some have said yes, some no. I don’t plan on putting on a level kit. Debating on what I should do. I have a new Goodyear available at my local dealer, but I’ve always been told to never just replace one tire, hence the idea of just getting 4 new tires now (which id eventually do, just gives me an excuse to do it now).

thanks for any feedback. I know this has been discussed before. Big decision

Adrianp89

Reaction score
No rub at all in mine. Been three weeks now since put them in.

jag182

Reaction score
There‘s a post out there with photos of a white ram with OEM 22’s and he has the Nitto RG in 33x12.5xr22 and he claims there is no rub. They are larger than the 305’s. You could also do the 285/45/r22 which are even a tad smaller. I’m in the same boat. Have a new 2020 being built now and I plan on immediately replacing the standard 22 tires with the Nitto RG 305’s. Post some pics when done

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Had a little rubbing last night. Went into a parking garage with a 6'8" clearance so was driving around in entry/exit mode. At near full lock I heard some rubbing. Took a little wider turns and I was fine. The amount of driving I do in entry/exit is so minimal I am not worried about it.

Steve24249

Reaction score
I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Replaced the tire with stock so far. Really trying to find the right level kit to put on now. Saw a pic and really want to add the RG LT285/55/22. Not sure how to fit it without spending a fortune. Wife’s got me on a budget with another kid coming lol Considering the RC 2 inch strut or the Bilstein 5100 Adjustable. Probably pretty stupid since I do 0 off road driving. Mainly city and highway. I just like the look

Steve24249

Reaction score
A local tire shop has the RG 305/45r22 in stock, however, I’m hesitant to make the move bc the width of the tire. My stock Ram wheels are 22x9 and the tires state minimum 9.5 width...

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I haven't heard of any issues with the 9. Quite a few guys running the tire. My concern with the 285/55 would be the weight of the tire.

Horizon88

Reaction score
I don’t have the ridge grapplers but mine did have a slight rub at the same size (at full lock). Added the revel links and did some plastic mounding with a heat gun and wet towel. They were rubbing in aero for me. I don’t have the ORP.

MrCuervoRacing

Reaction score
Had a little rubbing last night. Went into a parking garage with a 6'8" clearance so was driving around in entry/exit mode. At near full lock I heard some rubbing. Took a little wider turns and I was fine. The amount of driving I do in entry/exit is so minimal I am not worried about it.
That is the inner front liner . Super thin, easy to trim in mere seconds

MrCuervoRacing

Reaction score
I put the Hankook Dynapro AT2 tires on the wifes 1500
They are 305-45-22. And very lightweight for the size. Very quiet , 3 peak rated, very very good thru heavy rain as well.
Extremely happy with them i actually took my 2500 in today to swap from the Toyo at2 to the Dynapro.
Small trim on inner liner At entry/exit height

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Posting as I would like to see the Dynapros as well.

Have a limited with 12500 on it so far after about 7 months. Figure the stocks won't last too long.

MrCuervoRacing

Reaction score
MrCuervoRacing do you have any pictures with the Hankook Dynapro AT2 tires? I'd like to see how they look in real life.
Here ya go.

MrCuervoRacing

Reaction score
Thank you.
more up close pics in this thread

Users who are viewing this thread