5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Mode?

TwinSac

Reaction score
New owner (yesterday). Drove at night and the giant SCREEN throws a lot of light at night in navigation. Is there a night Mode? I was able to find a mostly blue screen but looking for more.

Most other apps are black/red. Navigation is light green light brown... just too bright at night.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

timtlu

Reaction score
New owner (yesterday). Drove at night and the giant SCREEN throws a lot of light at night in navigation. Is there a night Mode? I was able to find a mostly blue screen but looking for more.

Most other apps are black/red. Navigation is light green light brown... just too bright at night.

The is a vertical dimmer just to the right of your lights knob.

TwinSac

Reaction score
Thanks.

I see 2 dimmers. Neither has any effect but it's still morning.

timtlu

Reaction score
Thanks.

Far right one should be the one. I'm almost positive it is light sensitive. Tried it first at night while trying ti get kids to sleep. Kicks in automatically and dims screen every time I pull into the garage now.

Wtray

Reaction score
Thanks.

From Page 69 of the owners manual

Dimmer Control
The dimmer controls are part of the headlight switch and are located on the left side of the instrument panel.
Dimmer Controls
1(left) — Ambient Light Control
2(right) — Instrument Panel Dimmer Control
With the parking lights or headlights on, rotating the right dimmer control upward will increase the brightness of the

instrument panel lights. Rotating the left dimmer control will adjust the interior and ambient light levels.
NOTE:
The dimming of the touchscreen is programmable through the Uconnect system.

Attachments

• 1563733285461.png
    1563733285461.png
    95 bytes · Views: 55

EXQQQME

Reaction score
Turn the dial to another selection then try to dim it. Mine is the same. On one of the selections it won't adjust the brightness. But on the next dial selection it is adjustable. Why it's that way, I have no idea.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have your wipers configured to automatically turn on the headlights, the screen will go to the dimmed night settings when the lights come on. In my case, it made the screen unviewable in daytime. Another 'aid' that I no longer use. :p

Users who are viewing this thread