5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Edition Question

Grouper

Reaction score
I know the 2020 Night Edition was just announced, so I realize it might be difficult to answer this; I'm interested in ordering a Laramie with the Night Edition package. But I'd prefer not to have the included side steps and 22" wheels. The Night Edition package on the Big Horn does not include side steps and has 20" wheels, but I don't want a Big Horn.

I met with a local dealer earlier today and despite there being reports of some 2020 Night Edition trucks already on dealer lots, I was told they are not yet able to order the package. The dealer suggested I order the Sport package and get black 20" wheels. I really think I'd prefer the actual Night Edition package though, as I prefer the subtlety of the additional black accents (grill, headlight/tail light trim, badging, exhaust tips, etc.).

Does anyone know if it's possible to alter a "package?" If I could order the Laramie Night Edition with 20" wheels and no side steps, that would be prefect.

Thanks.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Unfortunately no you can’t pick what you want or don’t want from the “package” if the package comes with it your stuck with all or nothing

Grouper

Reaction score
Unfortunately no you can’t pick what you want or don’t want from the “package” if the package comes with it your stuck with all or nothing
Thanks what I figured.

Thanks.

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
Grouper,

You can order the night package now, not sure why he said that. Unless there is a hold from FCA due to part availability. If you order the Off Road Pakage you get the 20" wheels and fixed side steps which can be removed very easily.

Grouper

Reaction score
Grouper,

You can order the night package now, not sure why he said that. Unless there is a hold from FCA due to part availability. If you order the Off Road Package you get the 20" wheels and fixed side steps which can be removed very easily.
I'll be ordering a two-wheel drive truck, so I don't think there's an off road package available, nor do I really need/want it.

I'm sure the steps included with the Laramie Night Edition package can be easily removed. But all things being equal, I'd rather not buy them if I don't want them.

That said, I'll probably end up removing the side steps and settling for the 22" wheels. Unless another solution presents itself :)

Insofar as why he told me the NE was not yet available to order, I can't answer that. But that's what I was told.

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
My guy at the dealership said Night was not an option one day, next day it was. Check back. Smetime they hold back orders if supply chain is messed up.

Grouper

Reaction score
My guy at the dealership said Night was not an option one day, next day it was. Check back. Smetime they hold back orders if supply chain is messed up.
I'm fine with waiting. When the 2019's came out, I pretty much decided I'd let the bugs get worked out of the first model year and wait for the 2020's.

I kept my eye on the sales and promotions over the past year and it seems some of the most aggressive offers were during the holiday season, so that's when I'm planning to order. I'm patient :)

Users who are viewing this thread