5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Edition Grille Applique?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you buy part number 6BT18TZZAJ? I want the black applique as well. Not sure if I should buy ready to paint or black texture
Yes, that's the one, smooth, ready to paint. I don't think the textured one would look good, as nothing on the front is textured.

RockJock

Reaction score
Yes, that's the one, smooth, ready to paint. I don't think the textured one would look good, as nothing on the front is textured.
Yeah the smooth looks good. From my research the textured black upper applique comes on the Rebel. Is there any kind of finish on the ready to paint one you got or how does that one hold up to the elements?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah the smooth looks good. From my research the textured black upper applique comes on the Rebel. Is there any kind of finish on the ready to paint one you got or how does that one hold up to the elements?
It's primed. I just scuff it up with 1000 grit sand paper, applied promotion adhesive, them paint and clear coated.

Reaction score
Ever get around to getting a paint matched applique. I'm still looking for a gloss black one if you've got the old one lying around.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I just ordered one from my dealer and they are going to paint it body color. After I changed the grill, it looks a little odd being gloss black. This way I will have one body color and one black in case I put the factory grill back on. Pictures once I get it from the paint shop.

Stevendupree

Reaction score
Here you go
Did you paint this yourself? I am in the same predicament right now. Crystal Metallic grey 22 Ram. I ordered the black grill appliqué and installed it. Definitely need to paint it . If you did paint it yourself how did you go about doing it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unfortunately haven't had a chance to even check into it at all yet. From the replies it looks like I'll have to go OEM unpainted piece and have a local body shop paint match for me. I'll for sure let you know if/when that happens if you don't already have a gloss black by then.
Did you ever get to mess around with getting a painted to match grill applique? I'm still on the hunt for a take-off midnight edition one if you're is just sitting in the garage.

mwoods269

Reaction score
Interested in knowing the part numbers to change my 2022 limited chrome grill out for the limited night edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online