5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night edition bumper, grille, applique

th365thli

Reaction score
Hey all,

My Big Horn is black with chrome trim. Dislike the chrome, want to black it out. Options are plastidip, vinyl wrapping, or getting new parts. I've been trying to find the part numbers for the black trim pieces, but it's been difficult. The parts I get referred to are actually the unpainted matte black ones. Does anyone know how to get the actual Night Edition parts that are already painted?

Grouper

Reaction score
Hey all,

My Big Horn is black with chrome trim. Dislike the chrome, want to black it out. Options are plastidip, vinyl wrapping, or getting new parts. I've been trying to find the part numbers for the black trim pieces, but it's been difficult. The parts I get referred to are actually the unpainted matte black ones. Does anyone know how to get the actual Night Edition parts that are already painted?
Is this possible? Are the grille and applique sold already painted in the Night Edition gloss black?

I would think not but would like to know for sure.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Every vehicle I have ever owned I have color matched grilles/bumpers; long before it was cool to do so. They always come primered; with the end user responsible for painting. You can paint the chrome (product such as bullydog works very well); it's not as durable as a primered base, but if you don't drive in an area with a lot of rocks on the road, it holds up just fine.

th365thli

Reaction score
Is this possible? Are the grille and applique sold already painted in the Night Edition gloss black?

I would think not but would like to know for sure.
Every vehicle I have ever owned I have color matched grilles/bumpers; long before it was cool to do so. They always come primered; with the end user responsible for painting. You can paint the chrome (product such as bullydog works very well); it's not as durable as a primered base, but if you don't drive in an area with a lot of rocks on the road, it holds up just fine.
I was hoping they would come already painted but your response make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread