5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newby question about window leak resolution

SzaboTx

Reaction score
I searched and didn't see an answer...has anyone put on a cab spoiler to solve the leak issue? It seems that it would help deter water coming in through the 3rd brake light. It may still come up or around the spoiler, but it seems it could help. I know they aren't the best looking, but a black spoiler on a black truck may not be too noticeable.
Mine is in the shop right now, hopefully getting this issue repaired (along with window crack and stripped mirror gears)...just looking for alternatives IF they can't fix it.

SPOILER LINK
Screenshot 2021-01-14 112917.jpg

TheGeoEngineer

Reaction score
Haven't seen anyone do this. I personally would rather fix the underlying issue though.

I'm curious, is the leak being fixed under warranty? I just noticed this same issue on my 2019 1500 (Doesn't rain much here...)

SzaboTx

Reaction score
I agreed...would definitely prefer to just have the issue fixed. I've just seen people have to have their window replaced on several occasions, which I hope is a rarity and won't happen on mine. Warranty is covering the fix, but it didn't sound like the fix always works. So, just lookig for alternatives.
Always thought spoilers on trucks was dumb, but these may not be too bad. Found these pics in a FB forum... Looks pretty good...not as Fast n Furious as I thought it would. Lol FB_IMG_1610750506761.jpg FB_IMG_1610750496347.jpg

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
GM actually incorporated a spoiler in the very same spot on their new trucks. Oddly, I know of one that has a rear window leak.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045392 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread