5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie Lift / Tire upgrade question

spokexbikeco

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm really sorry if I'm asking a question that has probably been answered multiple times already, but we just leased a brand new 21 Rebel about 2 months ago for the bike shop and we want to get her a slight overhaul just to look more aggressive, definitely get rid of the rake, and gain a little more launch and departure angle while off-roading. We travel to Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and other bike parks/resorts constantly for events and races. Unfortunately, neither me or my employees know anything about truck suspension.

So we are a FOX dealer and already reached out about a pair of PE coil-overs and they are willing to send us a pair at a pretty good price but the more research I do and get closer to thinking that's what I'm going to do, I get confused again. I also like the idea of the 2in coil-over struts from rough country that are only 400 bucks.

So because we aren't going to be hitting whoops or doing anything crazy just light off-roading these are my questions!

Because the rebel comes with a 1 in factory lift, If we add the 2in FOX or Rough Country Struts do we lose the 1inch and then add 2 so we really only get 1 inch total lift from OE?

Would it just be more simple to add 2in front spacers?

As for tires we really like the look of the stock wheels so if we end up lifting the front 2 inches can we run a 35x12x5x18 or like a 285/75/18 and just put a 1/2 inch wheel spacer without any rubbing? Or is that going to be unsafe? If we really need to we can go with the method wheels and -12 offset but ideally wed like to just upgrade the tires.

The caveat is that this truck is a lease so we don't want to put too much money into a borrowed truck. The only reason for even considering the FOX Shox is because we are a Fox dealer, but I still think if it's really not going to be necessary I Id rather go with a cheaper lift option and put that into the tires or wheels. The main goal is to just beable to get rid of the rake and slightly better departure/launch angles and then add the bigger tires.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Both the Fox and RC are their own coils. So, you would not use the stock coil. therefore you would replace the 1 inch lift with a 2 inch lift. Go with the methods for safety at -12 offset and you can put 35's on it.

spokexbikeco

Reaction score
Both the Fox and RC are their own coils. So, you would not use the stock coil. therefore you would replace the 1 inch lift with a 2 inch lift. Go with the methods for safety at -12 offset and you can put 35's on it.
Thanks for that info so is that 2 inch enough to fit 35s

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. Just be sure to get enough offset to air down without hitting the UCA's.

Users who are viewing this thread