5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newbie help?? pros/cons of 35x12.5r22 for stock 22s'?

drrxnupe

Reaction score
So I've decided to do the Daystar spacer/Front link mod to level my '19 Limited. Will be going with Ridge Grapplers or Toyo RTs based on the reviews and posts I've read.

I'm in TN, so winters are mild. I do 90% of my driving on the street and the rest on the farm or to get to my fishing/hunting holes.

35s seem to be the way to go I guess?? Please educate on what I need to consider.

Toothninja

Reaction score
While I loved my Ridge Grapplers, be aware that the 35/12.5r22 have the “F” load range. This means they are 12 ply tires...very strong, but not much give. So unless you plan on carrying huge loads, your ride will be much, much stiffer! Look for tires in the “D” or “E” load range. Look at the 285/55r22 as an example.

I don’t know how well the tires do in snow, as I live in San Antonio; however, the tires way out performed my previous tires, Terra Grappler G2, in every manner. And they look amazing! I’ll be getting some soon!!

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aggressive tires for this setup IMO unless you want the look. Something like a toyo at2 would be better I think.

And I’d say go with a metric size, something more like a 34x11 (285/55 mentioned above) vs a “35”. Although might limit your options with this a little bit.

drrxnupe

Reaction score
While I loved my Ridge Grapplers, be aware that the 35/12.5r22 have the “F” load range. This means they are 12 ply tires...very strong, but not much give. So unless you plan on carrying huge loads, your ride will be much, much stiffer! Look for tires in the “D” or “E” load range. Look at the 285/55r22 as an example.

I don’t know how well the tires do in snow, as I live in San Antonio; however, the tires way out performed my previous tires, Terra Grappler G2, in every manner. And they look amazing! I’ll be getting some soon!!

I'm still on stock tires. They need to be gone ASAP!

Toothninja

Reaction score
If I'm reading the Toyo site correctly, the 22" Toyo RTs all have E load rating? https://www.toyotires.com/tire/pattern/rugged-terrain-open-country-rt

Should I assume that the 35s have a little more give?
Yes, the 35’s will have more give. The bigger the sidewall the more give. The 35’s will have approximately 6.5” of sidewall, as opposed to 33’s giving you 5.5”. If you’re going more for the look, then an aggressive all terrain would be the way to go. Ridge grapplers are surprisingly quiet on the road. Not sure about the Toyo RTs, as I’ve never run them before. Wife has BFG KO2’s on her Jeep, and they are nice as well, just not as nice to look at! Lol!!

agjr85

Reaction score
going to be hard to find non LT tires in a higher size.
LT tires will ride horrible unless you need them I wouldn't dish money out for them.

Users who are viewing this thread