5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Vehicle Protection Recommendations

PetePA

Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations on what to do/get to protect the new truck.

So far, I'm thinking all weather mats and ceramic coating. Am I missing anything?

uncc_99xj

Reaction score
Paint Protection Film

This. Do everything up front that's painted. I did the bumper, hood, trim below the headlights, the headlights themselves, the backs of the mirrors, and the front quarter panels. My only regret is not doing a strip on the roof between the windshield and the sunroof. Noticed a couple of chips up there recently.

PetePA

Reaction score
This. Do everything up front that's painted. I did the bumper, hood, trim below the headlights, the headlights themselves, the backs of the mirrors, and the front quarter panels. My only regret is not doing a strip on the roof between the windshield and the sunroof. Noticed a couple of chips up there recently.
I really am clueless here so forgive the dumb question, but...

If I get ceramic coating, do I need this?

If yes, should I put this on top of the ceramic coating?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

If you get PPF, it would go on before the ceramic coating.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
PPF the front of the truck if painted…hood/fender (partial or full choose is yours), A pillar, roofcap, bumpers, headlights, mirror caps, headlight trim, grill piece then ceramic coat over that. If budget is a concern skip the professional ceramic coatings and go with the many Diy coating available thay you can apply yourself once the paint is up par. PPF will have a more protection then Ceramic coatings would.

uncc_99xj

Reaction score

PPF first, then ceramic coating ontop if you wish. Ceramic is more for protecting against day to day dirt and grime and holds up better than traditional wax. It does not offer protection against rock chips like PPF does. PPF is a physical clear film that goes on the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread