5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Truck and new to the forum! 25 1500 Laramie Night Edition

QuantumRebelX

Reaction score
Just picked this up last week.

Love it so far. Coming from a '16 Rebel. Love the 3.0 SST, don't even miss the Hemi (except of course for the sound). The immediate kick in the butt when you step on the pedal is great!

Definitely miss the air suspension, though. Towed my camper with it last weekend, and lets just say I'm grateful I have a weight distribution hitch, otherwise I'm not sure i would have made it out of where the trailer was parked.
Still getting used to the 22 inch rims. Definitely need some Wrangler Duratracs on here at some point, just hate taking off perfectly good tires, so I'll probably just use these until I get frustrated at the look or stuck somewhere while hunting or skiing.

The interior is next-level awesome. I looked at switching to a different make this time, but nothing I sat in had the same feel as this interior. Everything else seemed so basic in comparison.

I'm sure I'll get used to the lack of off-road functionality coming from the Rebel, but I plan on making some changes as I go once I drive it for a while.

Just thought I'd share my initial thoughts.

Attachments

• truck - Copy.jpg
    truck - Copy.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 31
  • truck3 - Copy.jpg
    truck3 - Copy.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 31
Just picked this up last week.

Love it so far. Coming from a '16 Rebel. Love the 3.0 SST, don't even miss the Hemi (except of course for the sound). The immediate kick in the butt when you step on the pedal is great!

Definitely miss the air suspension, though. Towed my camper with it last weekend, and lets just say I'm grateful I have a weight distribution hitch, otherwise I'm not sure i would have made it out of where the trailer was parked.
Still getting used to the 22 inch rims. Definitely need some Wrangler Duratracs on here at some point, just hate taking off perfectly good tires, so I'll probably just use these until I get frustrated at the look or stuck somewhere while hunting or skiing.

The interior is next-level awesome. I looked at switching to a different make this time, but nothing I sat in had the same feel as this interior. Everything else seemed so basic in comparison.

I'm sure I'll get used to the lack of off-road functionality coming from the Rebel, but I plan on making some changes as I go once I drive it for a while.

Just thought I'd share my initial thoughts.
Welcome to the forum and nice truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.
Back