5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Trailer brake Controller 2019 Ram 2500 issues

HomerS

Reaction score
Hello,

Just upgraded from an F150 to the 19 Ram 2500 6.4, loving the power and stability, but it came with out a trailer brake controller. In a hurry I just ordered the over priced kit from Infotainment. Live and learn. The issue is Installed everything did the update with the OBDGenie programmer. I now have the trailer brakes in the Uconnect and dash, but I get a service trailer brake message. I let it sit overnight, but I got the same message today. I went ahead and tried to hook up to the trailer, but no brakes. All the lights and trailer cameras work, and I never had an issue with the brakes on the F150. Tonight I checked all the connections and verified the module is the correct version for the 2500. I can adjust the gain up and down, and add trailers, but no brakes. When I use the manual switch it goes up to 30 something then goes blank; then if I adjust the gain I can try again and get the same thing. I have a video of that, but not sure I can post that here. Any ideas what i should check next? I did order the AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX.

Im hoping I can figure this out before our Trip Wednesday with the camper.

Short Video Link:

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_1768.JPG
    IMG_1768.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1771.JPG
    IMG_1771.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread