5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the Ram World

dsmessier

Reaction score
Hello All,
I purchased a 2022 RAM 1500 BIGHORN a few months ago and this is the first RAM I've ever bought, Been a Ford Man most of my life. I am like the truck very much, just trying to find out what the Best Tuner (open a can of worms as everyone had their opinions) with pre-installed tunes. I have installed a RAM Ram Air Intake and the Rebel Borla Atak exhaust. Any constructive Advice is welcomed.

David

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello All,
I purchased a 2022 RAM 1500 BIGHORN a few months ago and this is the first RAM I've ever bought, Been a Ford Man most of my life. I am like the truck very much, just trying to find out what the Best Tuner (open a can of worms as everyone had their opinions) with pre-installed tunes. I have installed a RAM Ram Air Intake and the Rebel Borla Atak exhaust. Any constructive Advice is welcomed.

David
I would advise against a tune, as you will be voiding the warranty on a brand new truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello All,

David
Only way to really do a "tune" on these trucks is to either buy an unlocked PCM, or send your stock PCM off to be unlocked. Which would pretty much void your power train warranty, unless you bought the extra unlocked PCM and swapped your stock one back in for dealer visits.

There is the Edge Pulsar that is a piggy back "tuner". Gives you selectable options between stock, Tow, Economy, and Performance. Each with or without MDS. I have one on my truck. I like it, but wouldn't pay full price for one.

Users who are viewing this thread