5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the RAM Community

Hamesie

Reaction score
After four years of searching, researching and tirelessly sifting through a tons of postings, I have finally found my RAM 1500. It has been a long journey but totally worth it. I ended up purchasing a 2021 RAM Rebel, which ended up having every option available, except the e-locker. Other than that, the truck has been amazing to drive, best truck I have ever owned. Here are a few photos of the RAM.

Attachments

• image_67214081.JPG
    image_67214081.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 15
  • image_67201537.JPG
    image_67201537.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image_67229185.JPG
    image_67229185.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 15
  • image_67517185.JPG
    image_67517185.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 15

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome! Welcome aboard brother! I thought rear axle locker was standard on Rebels?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! Welcome aboard brother! I thought rear axle locker was standard on Rebels?
Unless he has the limited slip option. You can't have limited slip and e-locker.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless he has the limited slip option. You can't have limited slip and e-locker.
Correct. You can’t have both. I didn’t realize it was a selectable option. Especially since Rebel is touted as the off road version of the Ram and lockers and more beneficial for off road applications than LSD. But it’s nice that I learned something new. Thanks for the insight brother!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Correct. You can’t have both. I didn’t realize it was a selectable option. Especially since Rebel is touted as the off road version of the Ram and lockers and more beneficial for off road applications than LSD. But it’s nice that I learned something new. Thanks for the insight brother!
Really, it all depends on use. With the e-locker disabled bove 25mph, there are probably more times s limited slip would be more beneficial than the e-locker off road. Unless you are rock crawling, or driving roads with deep ruts where you can't go faster.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really, it all depends on use. With the e-locker disabled bove 25mph, there are probably more times s limited slip would be more beneficial than the e-locker off road. Unless you are rock crawling, or driving roads with deep ruts where you can't go faster.
Agreed, lockers are better for high torque, low speed off road applications. LSD would probably be more beneficial in high speed off roading.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After four years of searching, researching and tirelessly sifting through a tons of postings, I have finally found my RAM 1500. It has been a long journey but totally worth it. I ended up purchasing a 2021 RAM Rebel, which ended up having every option available, except the e-locker. Other than that, the truck has been amazing to drive, best truck I have ever owned. Here are a few photos of the RAM.
Nice truck, congrats!

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1709246501333.gif

Users who are viewing this thread