5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New tint added

Brewboy73

Reaction score
HI All
I have a new 22 Laramie G/T and just added new tint to all of the windows, windshield and sunroof. I live in South Florida and vehicles get crazy hot our here even when its not that hot outside. I went with the 2ply ceramic infrared film at different %'s around the truck. Even with the outside temp at 92F and the truck out in the direct sunlight, it is nice and cool inside after sitting for hours. Highly recommend. I'll post pics soon.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Very interested. I live in SW FL so I know what you mean about the sun.

I already have standard-type tint in front side windows to match factory rears.

What % did you do each window?

I never heard of 2ply ceramic infrared film - is that done by a tint guy? Is there a brand name?

[Watching this.]

Thanks,
Dave

Brewboy73

Reaction score
HI Dave
I went to Tint World in Fort Lauderdale off Sunrise. They did an amazing job and this tint has a lifetime warranty. Here what they did for me:

All four windows and back glass with slider: Infrared ceramic 2ply at 30%
Windshield: Infrared ceramic 2ply at 70%
Sunroof: Infrared ceramic at 55%

It's the highest rated that they offer with lifetime warranty and the highest rating for deflecting solar heat. Truck looks amazing and stays so cool in the sunlight.

KurtLaf

Reaction score
HI Dave
I went to Tint World in Fort Lauderdale off Sunrise. They did an amazing job and this tint has a lifetime warranty. Here what they did for me:

All four windows and back glass with slider: Infrared ceramic 2ply at 30%
Windshield: Infrared ceramic 2ply at 70%
Sunroof: Infrared ceramic at 55%

It's the highest rated that they offer with lifetime warranty and the highest rating for deflecting solar heat. Truck looks amazing and stays so cool in the sunlight.
What brand Tint; Xpel, 3M, LLUMAR?

Sportznut

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing your cost?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Brewboy73

Reaction score
They used Xpel brand on all windows. Film and installation was just under $1200

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Holy cr@p that's a lot of money! Guess I'll just suffer the heat a little. I don't go anywhere much, less than once a week, and I let the truck warm up and the A/C blowing strong before I leave my driveway. And during my short shopping expeditions (e.g. pick up prescriptions) it doesn't heat up that much before I'm on the road again w/ cool A/C.

@Brewboy73 THANK YOU for all of your information.

Dave

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Shop around. I have ceramic tint on my entire truck including windshield and panoramic sun roof and my cost was less than half that.
I'm told the latest and greatest in ceramic films would cost me between $110 -$150 more if I was to do it again and even that would still be under $700.

Brewboy73

Reaction score
I know I spent a lot of the tint, but these come with lifetime warranty. Even for scratches. Anything happens, they replace them. I bought my truck through my business, so it's an expense and it's one less thing to not have to worry about. There are so many shady shops in South Florida, I just wanted to go to a reputable dealer and have peace of mind. They do have other films that would have cost 25% of what I paid as well, but I plan to have this truck for awhile and wanted the best protection.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy sh*t! Demographic must have something to do with that also. I’ve tinted both my rams with high end ceramic & lifetime warranty I similar fashion, 6 windows - no sunroof, (specs in signature below) & both times it was $545 after tax. I do live in the Midwest, though. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I agree though, will definitely use ceramic tint on all vehicles moving forward. Makes such a huge difference, well worth the slight up charge.

Brewboy73

Reaction score
The windshield was probably the most expensive. Expel Prime at 70%. Well worth it though. I can drive straight into the sun and feel no heat at all.

Found a really cool Easter Egg with the truck last night too. Didnt realize that the fog lights turn on the direction you are turning to illuminate the corners. Pretty slick

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I know I spent a lot of the tint, but these come with lifetime warranty. Even for scratches. Anything happens, they replace them. I bought my truck through my business, so it's an expense and it's one less thing to not have to worry about. There are so many shady shops in South Florida, I just wanted to go to a reputable dealer and have peace of mind. They do have other films that would have cost 25% of what I paid as well, but I plan to have this truck for awhile and wanted the best protection.
Stupid question, how do you get scratches on your windows? I have had xpel before and it's great stuff but whenever it's damager the installer always refuses to honor the warranty and claims I caused the damage. When you call Xpel they say they don't sell the product and you need to go through the installer you used. That's why my Ram doesn't have Xpel on my front bumper, and the same reason i'm 4k miles in and have used touchup paint on over 20 chips on my front bumper (no joke)

I want to get my sun roofs tinted because the heat they produce is insane the the fabric sun blocker is a joke that Ram puts in these vehicles as I can see the sun through the "solid" cover but I can't find a reputable place nearby to do it and I don't want some idiot getting water all over my leather interior and center console.
The windshield was probably the most expensive. Expel Prime at 70%. Well worth it though. I can drive straight into the sun and feel no heat at all.

Found a really cool Easter Egg with the truck last night too. Didnt realize that the fog lights turn on the direction you are turning to illuminate the corners. Pretty slick
It's called Steering Directed Headlights it's in your UC menu to turn on or off. Personally I like to either have my fog lights on or off so I keep the feature off as I think it's kinda gimmicky but I can see why a lot of people like it.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, I like both of my fog lights on or both of them off. But not each side flashing off or on “when needed”. It annoyed me when my truck does it & it’s distracting seeing another Ram do it on dark back roads. Lol

Brewboy73

Reaction score
I have dogs. If they see something on the road that they want, they'll put their paws on the windows to get a better look. I also haul a lot of equipment for my work and have scratched the inside of the windows as well. The place I got the tint installed said all scratches would be warrantied.

Users who are viewing this thread