5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New SST kit with bilstein shocks

edareneau

Reaction score
Could you skip the preloaded front spacers and put the Bilstein at say level 4 to obtain the 3.5" desired height in front and use spacers and Bilstein 5100 in the rear? Seems more of a stable platform than just the SST kit and also allows for more height with peace of mind with the shocks.

1705430972902.png

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bilstein doesn't recommend using spacers with their adjustable struts. If anything grab ORP front coils to use with the 5100's.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do recommend for the rear if the front is up 3"?
Many use spacers, or Clayton Gladiator 2.5 or 3.5 Rear coils, ICON 1.5" coils. A lot will depend how you want the vehicle to sit. Towing with the Gladiator coils I'm sure will change the capacity since the Gladiator is 4K I THINK?

RC uses a 1.5 spacer with their 3.5 lift.

I personally would never run or recommend spacers be used for the front suspension.

edareneau

Reaction score
Many use spacers, or Clayton Gladiator 2.5 or 3.5 Rear coils, ICON 1.5" coils. A lot will depend how you want the vehicle to sit. Towing with the Gladiator coils I'm sure will change the capacity since the Gladiator is 4K I THINK?

RC uses a 1.5 spacer with their 3.5 lift.

I personally would never run or recommend spacers be used for the front suspension.
Understood. Just want a 3-3.5 lift without ruining front end but rebel springs and b8 5100’s sounds like a solid setup.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can also look at the RC 3.5 w/ M1 upgrade. I've seen numerous people happy with the setup. M1 spec out like the Bilstein 5100's. I'm contemplating this route or going full in on Eibach Stage 2 or 2R.

Research everything to help make the best choice.

edareneau

Reaction score
Can also look at the RC 3.5 w/ M1 upgrade. I've seen numerous people happy with the setup. M1 spec out like the Bilstein 5100's. I'm contemplating this route or going full in on Eibach Stage 2 or 2R.

Research everything to help make the best choice.
Looking at the RC kit that everything all in 1 package. Ill look more into it. Thanks again!

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome. When I researched about the M1 struts/ shocks I searched all manufacture brands Ford, Chevy etc to see what others thought. Also youtube reviews.

mplaramie

Reaction score
RC scares me a little but their quality has gotten much better the last couple years.

I'm not a fan of spacers either but a lot of people run them and are happy. My own logic was to do things once, improve the ride and use quality parts. Started with a budget and the forum helped toss the budget out the window.... 🤣🤣🤣

If you do need some help in lifting the rear (non spacer), I've got an extra rear Icon spring and shock set up available.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RC scares me a little but their quality has gotten much better the last couple years.

I'm not a fan of spacers either but a lot of people run them and are happy. My own logic was to do things once, improve the ride and use quality parts. Started with a budget and the forum helped toss the budget out the window.... 🤣🤣🤣
I always buy once cry once as well. I agree about RC, but after researching the newest M1 and others claiming they ride just like the 5100's it's another option for people. I would never run their lowest N3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/