5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW SHOES SPEEDO QUESTION

jbod77

Reaction score
2019 limited, etorque, air suspension. So I put on a set of Nitto G2's in 285/55r22. Tire calculator says my speedo should be about 5mph off @ +/- 60mph. When using a GPS speedo on my phone it's spot on with the dash. Checked a couple of "you are going this fast" signs and everything matches. What gives?

PART 2
And if my searching proves correct, the dealer cant do a flash to tell the truck I've got bigger tires and I have buy a calibrator?

spinxt

Reaction score
Measure the actual tire. Just because a calculator tells you what the size should be, doesn’t mean that’s what it actually is. Mine was off almost 1-1/4” from calculator to actual.

spinxt

Reaction score
That said, I think the calculator you’re using is the problem. The difference between 275/55/20 (stock) and 285/55/20 is negligible and would result in less than a 1mph variance at 70mph.

Not worth the expense of buying a programmer

jbod77

Reaction score
That said, I think the calculator you’re using is the problem. The difference between 275/55/20 (stock) and 285/55/20 is negligible and would result in less than a 1mph variance at 70mph.

Not worth the expense of buying a programmer
285/45/r22 is stock on my truck. 285/55r22 should be 2" taller. That said, I'll hit them with a tape measure when i get out of work....

spinxt

Reaction score
285/45/r22 is stock on my truck. 285/55r22 should be 2" taller. That said, I'll hit them with a tape measure when i get out of work....
My bad...didn’t notice the 22”

Raminit

Reaction score
I just did the 285/55R22 Ridge Grapplers and I’m scratching my head also. I was looking at the Waze - Apple Carplay and it matches the speedo. I was definitely expecting there to be a couple mile difference. I always thought Waze-ACP was satellite based speedo, what gives?

jbod77

Reaction score
I just did the 285/55R22 Ridge Grapplers and I’m scratching my head also. I was looking at the Waze - Apple Carplay and it matches the speedo. I was definitely expecting there to be a couple mile difference. I always thought Waze-ACP was satellite based speedo, what gives?
I downloaded a free GPS Speedo from the appstore just in case there was some sourcery tying carplay/unconnect GPS's to the speedo. Run the Speedo app alone and not plugged in to a usb port just to try and validate my findings. I 've posted in some 5thgen groups on facebook and didn't get any insight there either.

Bearman95

Reaction score
I put 275/60/20 on my Laramie sport and the speedo is off 2 mph at 75. That’s according to my Garmin GPS which shows 2 miles Per hour more than The speedometer. Does not bother me one little bit! Transmission shifts as it always did!

saturn298

Reaction score
2019 limited, etorque, air suspension. So I put on a set of Nitto G2's in 285/55r22. Tire calculator says my speedo should be about 5mph off @ +/- 60mph. When using a GPS speedo on my phone it's spot on with the dash. Checked a couple of "you are going this fast" signs and everything matches. What gives?

PART 2
And if my searching proves correct, the dealer cant do a flash to tell the truck I've got bigger tires and I have buy a calibrator?

You can get alphaobd and a Bluetooth obd scanner and change it cheaper and do many other things, vs getting a speedo calibrator from RC or anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread