5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New set up - Fuel Rebel 6 in 22x10 -13 w 35x12.50

Choate

Reaction score
Love it. Looks way better in person. In pictures the wheels just kinda fades in w the tire. Tires are Venom power terra Hunter XT. They do hum more than the toyo open country at3 I had on there before but I don’t mind a little noise from the tires. Thing looks awesome. The wheels don’t look 22” to me. Just looks “normal”. Truck has a 3.5” lift. 4BD7486E-AACE-4549-9607-AAB08F62081E.jpeg F3631AD4-B568-4569-9C12-BAC2EAB063A4.jpeg 3BA2B20F-9C9D-44DE-A2DB-832F0D18F589.jpeg 6F5B19B1-9403-4B30-921D-FBF0F4250424.jpeg DA97D495-51E7-4F26-B088-5FB3E217AB55.jpeg

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Love it. Looks way better in person. In pictures the wheels just kinda fades in w the tire. Tires are Venom power terra Hunter XT. They do hum more than the toyo open country at3 I had on there before but I don’t mind a little noise from the tires. Thing looks awesome. The wheels don’t look 22” to me. Just looks “normal”. Truck has a 3.5” lift. View attachment 151527 View attachment 151528 View attachment 151529 View attachment 151531 View attachment 151530
You still liking the rebels? Wondering how they hold up and how they are to clean. I bought the fuel sledge and I am thinking about swapping for the rebels.

Choate

Reaction score
You still liking the rebels? Wondering how they hold up and how they are to clean. I bought the fuel sledge and I am thinking about swapping for the rebels.
Absolutely love them. As far as cleaning it’s not bad. I cleaned them then coated them with hydr02. That really keeps the dust and dirt off. Then I just use a damp microfiber rag to wipe off any remaining water after a good manual wash or power wash. As far as how they hold up I’ve been really happy w Fuel off-road wheels in general. They balanced great too. Very few weights even w the off brand tires which could be another thread but loving the whole set up for sure

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great, I love those wheels. I kinda wish I bought those instead of the contras.

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Truck looks great! I'm getting the same wheels (as is everyone else!) on Saturday but I'm going to have them swap over my current Ridge Grappler 285/65R20s to them until they wear out and then I will replace them with 35x12.50s. I'm going with the 20x10 with -18 offset and I hope my tires don't look too stretched on them. Nitto says 10" wide wheel is the maximum for that tire size so it shouldn't look bad hopefully. Yours are -13 offset so mine will poke out just a tiny bit further, but my truck has the fender flares so it should look just about right.

I see the little mud flap behind the front wheel is removed (I've already removed mine in preparation). Anything else you had to do for clearance? Did you cut off the little metal tab the plastic push pin goes into? Any plastic liner modification?

Thanks for any info!

Choate

Reaction score
Truck looks great! I'm getting the same wheels (as is everyone else!) on Saturday but I'm going to have them swap over my current Ridge Grappler 285/65R20s to them until they wear out and then I will replace them with 35x12.50s. I'm going with the 20x10 with -18 offset and I hope my tires don't look too stretched on them. Nitto says 10" wide wheel is the maximum for that tire size so it shouldn't look bad hopefully. Yours are -13 offset so mine will poke out just a tiny bit further, but my truck has the fender flares so it should look just about right.

I see the little mud flap behind the front wheel is removed (I've already removed mine in preparation). Anything else you had to do for clearance? Did you cut off the little metal tab the plastic push pin goes into? Any plastic liner modification?

Thanks for any info!
Cut the tab off yes and zip tied it back to one of the holes the little white plastic bracket things were in bc those broke. Had slight rubbing on the thin liner by the control arm behind the tire. Heated that up pushed it back w a damp cold towel and stayed put. Also rubbed on the front of the liner where it sticks out a little more and that is pretty thick in there. Heated it up and it cleared for a few days then started rubbing again so I got tired of messing with it and just drilled a hole in the liner near the bottom and zip tied it to the bottom of the bumper so it pulled it forward a couple inches at least and it stays put. You could probably play w the heat gun and cold towel thing but I just got tired of messing around and you can’t even tell I modified it unless you were really looking for it hard after I told you what I did

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score

Thanks for any info!
I have 20x10 -18 Fuels, but I have 35x12.50s. I had a 19 Laramie with 285/65r20's on stock wheels with 1" Bora spacers. It will look fine for a while. How many more miles you got to burn on them?

CNC99

Reaction score
Thank you for the post. I have been searching for good photos of a silver 5th gen with black rebel wheels. I think this has helped me officially narrow it down to these and the hostile alphas. But I’m struggling to find good photos of a silver 5th gen wearing those shoes. I can’t wait to get rid of these factory wheels fast enough they won’t stay balanced for more than 1 tire rotation 🙃

Dblkone

Reaction score
Love it. Looks way better in person. In pictures the wheels just kinda fades in w the tire. Tires are Venom power terra Hunter XT. They do hum more than the toyo open country at3 I had on there before but I don’t mind a little noise from the tires. Thing looks awesome. The wheels don’t look 22” to me. Just looks “normal”. Truck has a 3.5” lift. View attachment 151527 View attachment 151528 View attachment 151529 View attachment 151531 View attachment 151530
I like this setup. I’m currently running 24x10 on 305 35 24. I looking to replace the rims to a 22x10 on 33’s also. Did you have to level the front to fit the tires? Don’t really want to do suspension work if I don’t have to cause my current setup doesn’t run at all. I have a 2019 Laramie 4x4 with factory air suspension. Thanks for any info

Users who are viewing this thread