5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram Owner - 2019 vs 2021?

snearylaw

Reaction score
Hi all - jumping into the world of Rams! Looking for a lightly used 5th gen in limited edition (we're selling our Volvo SUV and this seems most comparable as far as comfort for road trips for the 4 of us). Anyway, I've notice about an $8 - $10k price difference between the 2019 / 2020's and 2021's, with little difference in mileage. It looks like there were some updates in 2021 that were mostly tech/electronic related. My question is - are those updates really worth it? I know that is subjective - but looking for any thoughts or comments on this from anyone who has driven or owned both. TIA.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
I d always try and go with the newest. Little improvements and updates as the years go by. Bugs may have been corrected. This is just my general rule and results may vary.

Exact opposite. As each MY is released, content is deleted to save money, and parts are made cheaper for the same reason.

Early 5th gens had 4 way lumbar in big horns. Now even a rebel is 2 way. Foam cup holders, gone. Led interior lighting on many trims, gone.

Now, given the choice, I'd take a 23 over first MY for obvious reasons. 20 vs 23, give me the 20 all day, unless there is a new trim package in 23 you can't get in 20 (back country..)

themust

Reaction score
Thanks all for the info. Extremely helpful and its nice to have some inventory to choose from. Thankfully, I live in the high desert of central Oregon so not super concerned about water leaking from any vehicles from this area - but that makes me super weary of these online outfits or trucks from Portland/Seattle. How would I know / check to see if there has been water issues in the past? Other than service records?

Thanks again!
I've had a '19 Laramie and recently switched to a '21 Limited. The differences for me came down to features. I loved my Laramie and it was trouble free for 92000 miles til I sold to my own sister. The Limited has all the stuff I wish my Laramie had, but I'm already experiencing issues with all the electronic/tech/suspension/tires complexities. BTW: I really enjoy playing around Bend/Redmond/Sunriver on all the amazingly beautiful roads, especially off road. Hope to join you full time up in that region some day soon.

Users who are viewing this thread