5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Owner (Hopefully Soon) Needing Advice

ajc7755

Reaction score
I currently drive a 2016 Chevy Colorado LT with almost 80k miles and have been searching hard for a new truck because I want to upgrade in both size, comfort and luxury. From everything I have read and test drove, I landed on wanting a Ram 1500 Limited Black Edition in Black or Gray. Maybe it's just this hard to find trucks, but these seem very rare in my area. I have found one, but it requires a 7 hour drive. So here comes the question. Before I take a whole weekend driving to this truck, I want to see if it sounds like a good deal and I'm hoping to leverage the experience of user on here.

Here is what I'm looking at:

2020 Ram Limited
Black
31k miles
V8 without eTorque
Bed Utility Group
Protection Group
Black Appearance Package
Limited Level 1
Trailer Brake Controller
Anti-Spin Diff
Sun Roof
33 Gallon Tank
3.92 Axle
Split Tailgate
6'4" Bed

I know price is relative to location and demand, but what would you pay for that? Or maybe any other advice you can give me to help in my decision would be appreciated.

Thank you.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That looks like a fantastic combination of options... Limited w/ the non-e, big tank, MFT and long bed? Just buy it!

ajc7755

Reaction score

Well that would help explain the price. 8 days after the truck was registered:

• Accident reported: minor to moderate damage
  • Vehicle involved in a sideswipe collision
  • Involving right side impact
  • Involving right rear impact with another motor vehicle
  • Damage to left rear
  • Damage to left side
  • Airbags did not deploy

And then another one around 10k miles:

• Accident reported: minor damage
  • Vehicle involved in a sideswipe collision with another motor vehicle
  • Damage to left side
  • Airbags did not deploy

Not sure if I want to take on the risk of driving 7+ hours to get a local inspection and end up finding out it's got something wrong.

ajc7755

Reaction score
There's a reason I only buy new vehicles...factory warranty and no history with unknown lingering issues.
:D
Sometimes the risk is worth it, this time it wasn't. Back to the drawing board, I'm not giving up or giving in to all my inlaws that think I should get a Ford instead lol. I will eventually be an owner, just not today.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not 1 but 2 accidents?
And they were reported.
If they were minor likely wouldn't of been reported.

Ill pass.

Jmac509

Reaction score
I was in a similar situation trying to find a truck with all the options I wanted. I ended up ordering one through Mark Dodge and the cost vs buying used was close enough that I was able to justify buying new. Might be worth looking into.

Users who are viewing this thread