5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New old threads who cares

S

Smashy71

I see a lot of repeats and I don’t care if they are. Let’s just be good dudes and dudetts and help out who ever needs help. It’s just a forum and if it’s a repeat who cares and just give good advise or first hand knowledge on the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see a lot of repeats and I don’t care if they are. Let’s just be good dudes and dudetts and help out who ever needs help. It’s just a forum and if it’s a repeat who cares and just give good advise or first hand knowledge on the problem.

I agree and disagree at the same time. The more crowded the forums get with duplicate posts, the harder it is to find the information. HOWEVER, I think everyone should be on their scouts honor, and if you KNOW where the post is that the OP is looking for, just link it up! That way 3 seconds from now when someone has the same question and they find the duplicate post, they'll be directed to the link first, and won't make yet another thread.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know how many mods are involved on this site but if they could merge the repetitive posts it would be a nice help.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Well yah know it is a double edged sword.

You post a topic without searching, people get on them for not searching.
You search and find something and post in that thread.... what happens?

People get on them for bumping an old topic :rolleyes:

You really can't win.

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Agreed!(y) And even if you search, a lot of times if you don't use the perfect wording it wont pull up what you are looking for!:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread