5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Mopar oil filter part #

Morenar

Reaction score
Picked up a new Mopar oil filter this week at my local ram dealer and went to change the oil today and compared to the filter I was taking off it was different Mopar part number. New part number was 04892339be. Still was the MO-339 on the box. Did an internet search and it looks like this part number started sometime in 2021 and superseded the previous part numbers. Anyone know if there were any changes?

Attachments

• IMG_1925.jpeg
    IMG_1925.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 44

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a new Mopar oil filter this week at my local ram dealer and went to change the oil today and compared to the filter I was taking off it was different Mopar part number. New part number was 04892339be. Still was the MO-339 on the box. Did an internet search and it looks like this part number started sometime in 2021 and superseded the previous part numbers. Anyone know if there were any changes?
Might have just changed manufacturers

SueHarada

Reaction score
Mobil 1, M1-212A, fits just fine, alittle bigger (not by much) cost effective, much cheaper than OEM. Been running them now for 3 yrs, not one problem. I can say, I have the best protected electronic steering column by far than any vehicle, oil coats it every time during a change, no matter what catch pan zip lock bag etc. you use, it will have oil on it. Ive tried the remote oil filter location kits, (at least 4 versions) dont bother, even though it moves the filter to a better spot for changes and clean up, it will leak, and psi changes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mobil 1, M1-212A, fits just fine, alittle bigger (not by much) cost effective, much cheaper than OEM. Been running them now for 3 yrs, not one problem. I can say, I have the best protected electronic steering column by far than any vehicle, oil coats it every time during a change, no matter what catch pan zip lock bag etc. you use, it will have oil on it. Ive tried the remote oil filter location kits, (at least 4 versions) dont bother, even though it moves the filter to a better spot for changes and clean up, it will leak, and psi changes.
Check your oil pressure sensor. I have had a nagging, very small, leak for a while. I always chalked it up to the filter not being screwed in right enough, because AI could always get a little it more turnout if it. Before, it wasn't enough to cause drips in ground, just coating the oil filter, but recently started seeing signs of drips on the ground. Did a little google searching and saw mention of the oil pressure sensor or a small plug above it. Checked mine. I could almost turn my sensor by hand. I think I got two full turns out of it and still wasn't supper right. Will check tomorrow to see if it's still leaking.

2021QCBH

Reaction score
I just noticed a little residue on my 4x4 actuator. Figured I spilled a little on the last change but I’ll take a look at that sensor next weekend.

Also, I use the oil udder XL for the filter. It stays put and is large enough to fully turn the filter upside down to drain before removing it. I can change the oil with maybe just a small wipe needed on the top of the cross member but no spills otherwise using that. Converted to the Fumoto with drain kit as well.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The MO339 filter is $10.78 at Walmart. The Mobile filter you are using is $11.34.
Out of Stock

Seems the price of this filter is up, wonder what the price will be when it is back in stock.
Walmart has been where I have been purchasing the 339 over the last five years.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Out of Stock

Seems the price of this filter is up, wonder what the price will be when it is back in stock.
This is supposed to be the same filter are the SRT oil filter that sells for over $15. I have a couple SRT filters on my shelf still but will be trying this one when I need to order another one
WIX Spin-On Lube Filter https://a.co/d/2oIgyha

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Many have been using this setup with good reviews. I have one sitting in box for install at next oil change

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Out of Stock

My local Walmart had them in stock about 50% of the time. The price never changed when they restocked them, but I got tired of wasting my time driving back and forth, just to find out they were out of stock. You can buy them through Amazon for less than $10. However, that wasn't the point. The post I quoted, claimed the Mobil filter was "much cheaper than OEM", which is just not true.

Jako

Reaction score
My local Walmart had them in stock about 50% of the time. The price never changed when they restocked them, but I got tired of wasting my time driving back and forth, just to find out they were out of stock. You can buy them through Amazon for less than $10. However, that wasn't the point. The post I quoted, claimed the Mobil filter was "much cheaper than OEM", which is just not true.

Agree
Paid $9.97 in 2019 at Walmart for the filter. The price has held firm since then and with inflation the way it is I "wonder what the price will be when it is back in stock", not saying or implying it will be higher. My Walmart also is hit and miss so I take a look for them when I am shopping and keep 1 or 2 in stock. As far as 50% availability perhaps Walmart only "buys" when the price suits their policies.

SueHarada

Reaction score
Many have been using this setup with good reviews. I have one sitting in box for install at next oil change

At the time, Pacbrake was not available for me, by the time it became available, I became so disillusioned with the constant leaking, I gave up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online