5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member: Octo Overland Build

OctoOverland

Reaction score
New member here. Been a member checking out posts, finding answers and inspiration on here. But this is my first post. Thought I would introduce myself and what I have in the works. I live in northern Ontario, so lots of adventures, but also very thick forest, which makes for right trails. I know my name says overland, but my build is interesting. I own an electrical contracting business, so my truck has to be easily swapped between the “bosses truck” for lack of a better term, and a truck that will bring me on my adventures including up to two weeks camping off the grid, hauling my snowboard stuff to the hills and anything in between. So here’s what I have on the go so far, and some of my plans. Also some photos because I know you guys love those.

Truck:
2019 Rebel

Mods so far:
-Decked storage system
-Black ram badges in the front
-18” black rhino armory wheels (factory duratracs)

Other than that most money has been spent on the gear inside the truck. My future plans are to grab the front runners slimline rack for the cab as soon as they become available. They told me September, but COVID is causing delays. I also plan to get the new pelican cargo cases, as I can get two sets and easily swap between work and activities by swapping boxes. I also have been contemplating suspension and bigger tires, but I just love the ride quality of this thing stock so I’m still hesitant to pull the trigger. I will probably wait until I run into a situation where it becomes a need. I also plan to get a dual battery setup, I’m just running through my options on locations without having a cap on the back. So if anyone has ideas for that, or has done it, I’d love to hear from you. Anyways, here’s a few photos, and if people are interested, I will update as I go.

96c6a3b5469345dd4f994c7e964a700e.jpg

1eb00b05d7e2262641ce424cc95410bd.jpg

71e3c6f21e6e683736a8e68c2aa76fe4.jpg

8cde6ea1bc675a7782c1b698258a516d.jpg

8d5044573074e028e53c96ee5c073e79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antwon412

Reaction score
Could we gat a straight on profile shot ? _I really_ wanted those wheels. Went with some Fuel wheels instead but would love to see how they look.
I hope I don’t have buyers remorse.

OctoOverland

Reaction score
Could we gat a straight on profile shot ? _I really_ wanted those wheels. Went with some Fuel wheels instead but would love to see how they look.
I hope I don’t have buyers remorse.

Ya I was on the fence for a while. Couldn’t find anyone with these tires to see if the look was right, and I was a little hesitant to the -18 offset, but I couldn’t be happier with them. Here’s a couple pics
0f6ee7a3255b4319f391210aa2f7643f.jpg

393308fb7962d0802dd2cbdac3bf33cf.jpg

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Great looking truck, great looking scenery, great looking food!!! :) (y)

outdoorco75

Reaction score
Have or did you have any issues with the wheels and the calipers? I am looking at Black Rhino wheels and I want to make sure there will be no issues.

OctoOverland

Reaction score
Have or did you have any issues with the wheels and the calipers? I am looking at Black Rhino wheels and I want to make sure there will be no issues.

Nope, no issues at all

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful truck and photos!
Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fantastic camp spot! I enjoy going camping with mine as well! Welcome to the forum! E2E63B04-1A26-45EB-A278-94CCCCE24A4E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread