5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member introduction

fl_799

Reaction score
Hi all. Been lurking on the forum for a few months gathering as much information for a possible Ram purchase after the purchase of a new boat over the summer. I live in the North Georgia Blue Ridge and my driveway is quite steep! Needed the extra pulling power to get the boat up to the house and into the garage. Times are rough out there in my local market with some dealers selling for several thousands above MSRP. Inventory seems a bit low as well. Anyway, it was clear that the RAM is still the one to beat so I made a move. My local Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealer was a bit light on new factory rams so selection was not great. I was initially in the market for a Rebel but that was not to be. But in it's place, the dealer had several Sherrod customs on the lot. A pair of base models to to the top of the line models with 6in lift riding on 37's. The good news is that the dealer was keen to deal on these trucks and work down from the sticker price. (all other RAMS were sold at sticker price) The Base model Sherrod Custom looked pretty good to me (optioned perfectly for my purposes) with most of the options I would have selected if inventory was available. Sherrod adds a leveling package to the factory off road group, adds 33x12.50' Ridge Grapplers on custom wheels, installs entry kick panel guards, and the exterior decal kit. They also perform the speedo calibration, alignment, and a hi speed balance. It's otherwise an optioned up Big Horn, slightly customized and retaining the factory ride and handling. I would have loved if it was optioned with the LED light group but I got everything else I wanted and then some. I don't know if it's appropriate to speak on deals but essentially I was able to wash away the extra cost of the Sherrod package between 2 rebates and a financing incentive. I got the dealer to throw in boards and a spray liner. I feel like I did OK on this. Sticker (attached) was $62, 565 and the conversion was $12, 853.

I quickly added a Rough country Tonneau cover, RC pocket extensions, 3m Ceramic tint, RC Seat covers, Good Year vent visors, husky bed mat, Interior mat kit, AMP bed extender, and spruced up the Alpine system with the Infinity speakers in the rear door and dash. All purchased and installed courtesy of the information from this form (Thank you). I'll probably add some LED off road lights and an under bumper winch kit at some point. Tell me what you think.
James

Attachments

• 20220925_120648.jpg
    20220925_120648.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220921_185406.jpg
    20220921_185406.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220921_185418.jpg
    20220921_185418.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220905_160348_01.jpg
    IMG_20220905_160348_01.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20220905_160434_01.jpg
    IMG_20220905_160434_01.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20220907_201021_01.jpg
    IMG_20220907_201021_01.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20220912_140825_01.jpg
    IMG_20220912_140825_01.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 25

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! I’d shop for some night edition OEM LEDs and call it done.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A bit pricey, but well fitted. Assume you got 4WD and 3.92 gearing with the lift and big tires. What are RC pocket extensions?

fl_799

Reaction score
A bit pricey, but well fitted. Assume you got 4WD and 3.92 gearing with the lift and big tires. What are RC pocket extensions?
No doubt about the pricing. The u connect 12" $2055, Hemi e torque $2795, Panoramic sun roof was $1495 . really nice to have's but not required. Off road group/ with 4X4, 3.92's, the 33 gallon tank, trailer tow group were must haves. The RC Pocket extensions are the fender flairs.

fl_799

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the dealer did me right on the paid off trade at full retail blue book so it worked out good from my stand point.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all. Been lurking on the forum for a few months gathering as much information for a possible Ram purchase after the purchase of a new boat over the summer. I live in the North Georgia Blue Ridge and my driveway is quite steep! Needed the extra pulling power to get the boat up to the house and into the garage. Times are rough out there in my local market with some dealers selling for several thousands above MSRP. Inventory seems a bit low as well. Anyway, it was clear that the RAM is still the one to beat so I made a move. My local Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealer was a bit light on new factory rams so selection was not great. I was initially in the market for a Rebel but that was not to be. But in it's place, the dealer had several Sherrod customs on the lot. A pair of base models to to the top of the line models with 6in lift riding on 37's. The good news is that the dealer was keen to deal on these trucks and work down from the sticker price. (all other RAMS were sold at sticker price) The Base model Sherrod Custom looked pretty good to me (optioned perfectly for my purposes) with most of the options I would have selected if inventory was available. Sherrod adds a leveling package to the factory off road group, adds 33x12.50' Ridge Grapplers on custom wheels, installs entry kick panel guards, and the exterior decal kit. They also perform the speedo calibration, alignment, and a hi speed balance. It's otherwise an optioned up Big Horn, slightly customized and retaining the factory ride and handling. I would have loved if it was optioned with the LED light group but I got everything else I wanted and then some. I don't know if it's appropriate to speak on deals but essentially I was able to wash away the extra cost of the Sherrod package between 2 rebates and a financing incentive. I got the dealer to throw in boards and a spray liner. I feel like I did OK on this. Sticker (attached) was $62, 565 and the conversion was $12, 853.

I quickly added a Rough country Tonneau cover, RC pocket extensions, 3m Ceramic tint, RC Seat covers, Good Year vent visors, husky bed mat, Interior mat kit, AMP bed extender, and spruced up the Alpine system with the Infinity speakers in the rear door and dash. All purchased and installed courtesy of the information from this form (Thank you). I'll probably add some LED off road lights and an under bumper winch kit at some point. Tell me what you think.
James
Very well equipped and good looking truck, congrats.

I would like to know what “Sherrod” means.

Roddog2220

Reaction score

James
did you drive the 6 inch lift, i did what you did to my last truck and put on 35s, the off road package with the 2 inch lift was perfect

Users who are viewing this thread