5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member - Houston, TX

dfk140

Reaction score
Originally from Connecticut, but have lived in Houston since 2014. Slowly becoming Texan (my Texan wife just had my second Texan born child), so next logical step was to buy my first pickup truck. After doing fair amount of research, decided to go with Ram 1500 Limited, and 3 weeks later couldn't be happier. Sticker was $69,470 (incl $1,695 destination), paid $56,233 for vehicle, with another $3,515 in taxes and $481 in fees, for out the door price of $60,229.

Loving my truck so far, and this website looks like its going to be a great resource. Vehicle is stock right now besides window tints, but after looking at some forums on this site, looks like it won't stay that way for long.

emings

Reaction score
Originally from Connecticut, but have lived in Houston since 2014. Slowly becoming Texan (my Texan wife just had my second Texan born child), so next logical step was to buy my first pickup truck. After doing fair amount of research, decided to go with Ram 1500 Limited, and 3 weeks later couldn't be happier. Sticker was $69,470 (incl $1,695 destination), paid $56,233 for vehicle, with another $3,515 in taxes and $481 in fees, for out the door price of $60,229.

Loving my truck so far, and this website looks like its going to be a great resource. Vehicle is stock right now besides window tints, but after looking at some forums on this site, looks like it won't stay that way for long.
Where did you buy it from

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum @dfk140 !

dfk140

Reaction score
Where did you buy it from
Clear Lake Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM FIAT, and it was an absolutely MISERABLE buying experience. First dealership I went to the sales manager told me that internet prices aren't real. They advertise a low price online, but it doesn't include dealer add-ons (e.g. window tints, wheel locks, fake paint protection, etc.) that they install once car gets on lot and charge exorbitant amount. Armed w/that knowledge I went to Clear Lake with a deal I did online. Salesman came back from office with a much higher figure, I told him I already have a deal, just need the paperwork and to go back to office and get it. This happened 4 times. Finally sales manager came out and YELLED at me that I was wasting his time, and that he'd never sell me the truck for that price because of his dealer add-ons. Once he yelled at me, I exploded in very crowded dealership saying this place is a bunch of scam artists, they don't honor their online deals, its bait and switch, etc. So I left, thinking my online deal ploy didn't work, only gave it a 50/50 shot to begin with. 10 mins later General Manager called me up, apologizing for way sales manager treated me, and said if I came back right now they'd honor the online price. I went back, and they honored the price and I got the truck. Will never set foot at that dealership again though.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Clear Lake Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM FIAT, and it was an absolutely MISERABLE buying experience. First dealership I went to the sales manager told me that internet prices aren't real. They advertise a low price online, but it doesn't include dealer add-ons (e.g. window tints, wheel locks, fake paint protection, etc.) that they install once car gets on lot and charge exorbitant amount. Armed w/that knowledge I went to Clear Lake with a deal I did online. Salesman came back from office with a much higher figure, I told him I already have a deal, just need the paperwork and to go back to office and get it. This happened 4 times. Finally sales manager came out and YELLED at me that I was wasting his time, and that he'd never sell me the truck for that price because of his dealer add-ons. Once he yelled at me, I exploded in very crowded dealership saying this place is a bunch of scam artists, they don't honor their online deals, its bait and switch, etc. So I left, thinking my online deal ploy didn't work, only gave it a 50/50 shot to begin with. 10 mins later General Manager called me up, apologizing for way sales manager treated me, and said if I came back right now they'd honor the online price. I went back, and they honored the price and I got the truck. Will never set foot at that dealership again though.
Wow. What a bunch of clowns. What part of town are you in?
I use Helfman on Katy Fwy for service. Great dealership. Never had an issue and they have always provided me with a free rental for warranty work.
Let me know if that location is not too far from you and I can provide more details.

emings

Reaction score
I use Helfman on Katy Fwy for service. Great dealership. Never had an issue and they have always provided me with a free rental for warranty work.
Let me know if that location is not too far from you and I can provide more details.
Is there a service representative there you want to recommend.I bought my truck from Gillman Ram but they also changed my deal when I got into the dealership and wont be taking my truck there.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Is there a service representative there you want to recommend.I bought my truck from Gillman Ram but they also changed my deal when I got into the dealership and wont be taking my truck there.
Ask for Matthew White.
He’s amazing to work with, and the one that got my brake squeal, brake chirp, and USB disconnect issues working. Top notch customer service.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow...that is awful!

emings

Reaction score
Wow...that is awful!
This is what dealers do around this area give you one price over the internet and something else when you go in. The only two dealers I have heard good things about in this area are AutoNation in Spring and the Helfman family of dealerships

dfk140

Reaction score
Yes, that one is 10 mins from my house. I live in Oak Forest area of Houston. Haven't been to that dealership.

dfk140

Reaction score
This is what dealers do around this area give you one price over the internet and something else when you go in. The only two dealers I have heard good things about in this area are AutoNation in Spring and the Helfman family of dealerships
I actually bought my last vehicle, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, at Autonation Spring and had great experience. That was 6 years ago, but glad to hear they are still on the up-and-up.

Users who are viewing this thread