5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member here

Sdhills

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the site and I have questions. I have a 2023 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Etorque, Laramie edition with 1200 mi. on it. The 12 in. screen has been challenging, the acrid smell from the etorque for the first 600 miles had me worried about the whole thing and what about the tailgate cables that are of different lengths. Hope to find some opinions on this site. Thanks.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The smell of crap burning off of the engine is normal. It will go away soon.

If you sit on your tailgate, does the slack cable bear any weight? If not, you may need to get it replaced.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the site and I have questions. I have a 2023 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Etorque, Laramie edition with 1200 mi. on it. The 12 in. screen has been challenging, the acrid smell from the etorque for the first 600 miles had me worried about the whole thing and what about the tailgate cables that are of different lengths. Hope to find some opinions on this site. Thanks.
welcome

if you trust your dealer, use them, otherwise find a dealer you can trust.

Sdhills

Reaction score
Yes it does bare weight. My son has 23 limited and it's the same way. Looked at my neighbors 2020 and it's the same. Don't understand the engineering.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes it does bare weight. My son has 23 limited and it's the same way. Looked at my neighbors 2020 and it's the same. Don't understand the engineering.

No big deal, they're just not the exact same length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online