5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Improved(?) Third Party Exhaust Manifolds

Tellsch

Reaction score
Nice find! I've been waiting for over a month with the OEM on backorder. Tempted to call the dealer to see if they would install this under warranty.

Anyone have any experience with these?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure why you would want to spend that much on an OEM style log manifold when you can spend the same amount and get shorty headers that offer better flow and performance

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice find! I've been waiting for over a month with the OEM on backorder. Tempted to call the dealer to see if they would install this under warranty.

Anyone have any experience with these?
i dont think they will buy a aftermarket part that expensive and put it on warranty lol but if you pay for them maybe they would install them... but let us know it would be great

Tellsch

Reaction score
Right, I'm just taking about the install labor, not the part.

What header costs the same and has good fitment? Seems like most reviews I have seen on shorty's has had poor fitment or they are really expensive.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure why you would want to spend that much on an OEM style log manifold when you can spend the same amount and get shorty headers that offer better flow and performance
I can’t speak for anyone else, but unless I’m eeking out power, I like log manifolds better for that facts that they handle heat cycles better than runner style, take up less space, are easier to remove (no runner up against a bolt head in a tight space), etc. In the past, I’ve gasket matched log manifolds before considering headers.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t speak for anyone else, but unless I’m eeking out power, I like log manifolds better for that facts that they handle heat cycles better than runner style, take up less space, are easier to remove (no runner up against a bolt head in a tight space), etc. In the past, I’ve gasket matched log manifolds before considering headers.
They obviously don't handle heat cycles well or we wouldn't be having issues with the stock manifolds cracking like they do. Space is a mute point, as is being easier to remove, as once they are installed, there really shouldn't be an issue to touch them again. Especially if they are just being installed to eliminate dealing with cracked OEM manifolds. Unless I am going to stock look, or participating in a competition that requires stock appearing engine, there is no point spending money on log manifolds. The performance benefits of any header, over a log manifold, are more than worth it. Even without a tune. The flow and scavenging benefits alone will help engine run cooler/smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online