5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here, just saying hi!

NewRamshire1500

Reaction score
I've been lurking these forums as a non-member for the last two years, so I thought I'd finally make an account and say hi. I just got my wheels in Monday, but I've owned the truck for just over 2 years now. Its a 19 Laramie Sport with the 5.7. It's got a few mods;

• K&N intake & cabin filter
  • Borla Touring exhaust
  • blacked out all the emblems (they were chrome)
  • added some red tow hooks up front
  • 2" ready lift level kit with UCA's
  • Power stop Evolution Front brakes
  • Peragon bed cover
  • Added bed lights
  • 20x9 et 0 black rhino rapids
  • nitto recon grappler 285/65's
  • Husky rear wheel well liners
The next things I have planned are to upgrade the rear brakes, max-modular bed rack & Morimoto headlights.

A couple of questions I have for the braintrust here is, Can you replace just the chrome caps on the mirrors? or is it all or nothing (want to change to black) AND, I want to add the raptor-style grille lights, so any recommendations on doing this with the Laramie grille would be greatly appreciated!

9E206314-E554-4313-81DB-82B365DCF666.jpeg IMG_1929.jpeg

jbuck55

Reaction score
Hi folks and am a proud owner of my first truck and it is a 2021 Big Horn Night Edition I purchased from a very cool gearhead complete with the mods you can see here. My question is this.........are the K & N intake and cabin filters a worthwhile upgrade?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been lurking these forums as a non-member for the last two years, so I thought I'd finally make an account and say hi. I just got my wheels in Monday, but I've owned the truck for just over 2 years now. Its a 19 Laramie Sport with the 5.7. It's got a few mods;

• K&N intake & cabin filter
  • Borla Touring exhaust
  • blacked out all the emblems (they were chrome)
  • added some red tow hooks up front
  • 2" ready lift level kit with UCA's
  • Power stop Evolution Front brakes
  • Peragon bed cover
  • Added bed lights
  • 20x9 et 0 black rhino rapids
  • nitto recon grappler 285/65's
  • Husky rear wheel well liners
The next things I have planned are to upgrade the rear brakes, max-modular bed rack & Morimoto headlights.

A couple of questions I have for the braintrust here is, Can you replace just the chrome caps on the mirrors? or is it all or nothing (want to change to black) AND, I want to add the raptor-style grille lights, so any recommendations on doing this with the Laramie grille would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 166382 View attachment 166381
Welcome brother. Nice rig. You can replace just the chrome caps. I saw a black set for sale in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. Check that out.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi folks and am a proud owner of my first truck and it is a 2021 Big Horn Night Edition I purchased from a very cool gearhead complete with the mods you can see here. My question is this.........are the K & N intake and cabin filters a worthwhile upgrade?

Cabin filter sure since its washable

Intake… no unless your after a different look the factory box flows just fine but you can also replace just the filter with a AEM washable reusable one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/