5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here, and new to trucks

onrebel

Reaction score
New here and actually new to trucks. Picked up my 2023 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L non-etorque (Black w/night edition) a couple of months ago and absolutely loving it. Have already put in a K&N cold air intake and a removed the stock muffler and resonators.

Have also done some minor Alfaobd mods like enabling performance pages in the EVIC and disabled the ANC module. Some of the other mods wouldn't work like global windows down. I have a lot of experience with these kinds of tweaks on VW/Audi platforms with VCDS, so will keep playing and discovering more with Alfaobd. Happy to help test anything.

Was planning to do some light tuning eventually also, but it looks like none of the major tuners can unlock the MY2023 PCM yet or have even canned tunes for the '23. So will have to wait a bit for that.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck . Are you sure it’s non Etorque ? If so are you sure it’s a 2023 ? I thought all 2023’s were ETorque .

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New here and actually new to trucks. Picked up my 2023 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L non-etorque (Black w/night edition) a couple of months ago and absolutely loving it. Have already put in a K&N cold air intake and a removed the stock muffler and resonators.

Have also done some minor Alfaobd mods like enabling performance pages in the EVIC and disabled the ANC module. Some of the other mods wouldn't work like global windows down. I have a lot of experience with these kinds of tweaks on VW/Audi platforms with VCDS, so will keep playing and discovering more with Alfaobd. Happy to help test anything.

Was planning to do some light tuning eventually also, but it looks like none of the major tuners can unlock the MY2023 PCM yet or have even canned tunes for the '23. So will have to wait a bit for that.
Global up/down isn't available on 5th gen with alfaObd changes. Only way to get it is with a TazerDT.

onrebel

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck . Are you sure it’s non Etorque ? If so are you sure it’s a 2023 ? I thought all 2023’s were ETorque .

Thanks. Positive on both, 2023 5.7 non etorque. Canadian, if that makes a difference.

onrebel

Reaction score
Global up/down isn't available on 5th gen with alfaObd changes. Only way to get it is with a TazerDT.

Thanks, figured it was an issue with the newer model. There are a few things that I can’t get to work with Alfaobd that were reported working for other models.

onrebel

Reaction score
Welcome! Let's see the rig

Thanks, and here are some pics.

06f77bd7ebcf812baaba500c2f931de8.jpg

9cdaba481f96441a5881884f4d00dc67.jpg

4f35073a5b281d69d3e873196f5976ba.jpg

HemiDude

Reaction score
Thanks. Positive on both, 2023 5.7 non etorque. Canadian, if that makes a difference.
I think some of us might go through the extra effort of getting a new-model Canadian non-e down to the states. Did you order it that way or was it on the dealer's lot?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think some of us might go through the extra effort of getting a new-model Canadian non-e down to the states. Did you order it that way or was it on the dealer's lot?
Problem with "importing" an Canadian model is you lose the warranty on it. Stellantis US doesn't honor the warranty on Canadian models, and vice versa.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Problem with "importing" a Canadian model is you lose the warranty on it. Stellantis US doesn't honor the warranty on Canadian models, and vice versa.
That could pose a problem, I suppose, unless one could secure a third party warranty of some sort. :unsure:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Problem with "importing" an Canadian model is you lose the warranty on it. Stellantis US doesn't honor the warranty on Canadian models, and vice versa.
Also can likely kiss updates to UC5 goodbye since they don't use the USA firmware and you will likely get tagged with connected services as not being in Canada.

That could pose a problem, I suppose, unless one could secure a third party warranty of some sort. :unsure:
A third party warranty to cover a truck manufactured and sold in a differnet country? Good luck with that.

onrebel

Reaction score

It was already on the dealers lot, saw it on a Saturday and picked it up the following Monday. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread