5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Hat and Shoes

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Nice build. How are those tires, compared to stock?

The tires are noticeably louder than the stock Duratracs but I don't find them to be intrusive even at higher speeds. But you definitely know they are there but not as much as the BFG KMs or Nitto Trail Grapplers I ran previously. Will be interesting to see how loud they actually get with some wear.

Rebel TR8R

Reaction score
You’ve got a nice build there. Looking clean. I really like the cap. I eventually will want to get one and I was looking into leer but that trimless edge ties into the bed cleanly. And yeh, the color match is spot on. I’ve thought about putting my spot lights similar to your location but they’re 6” and they wouldn’t fit right. Very nice

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
You’ve got a nice build there. Looking clean. I really like the cap. I eventually will want to get one and I was looking into leer but that trimless edge ties into the bed cleanly. And yeh, the color match is spot on. I’ve thought about putting my spot lights similar to your location but they’re 6” and they wouldn’t fit right. Very nice

Thank you. I thought the ARE had the best lines overall not to mention better hardware/construction but they also tend to slightly more expensive (always a down side). Initially I wanted 6-inch lights too (6-inch Baja Designs) but then it would have not looked as clean either (although awesome lights).

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
I love the rigid lights, you think there was a way to wire it into the empty slot for the air suspension button?

Thanks!

No, I did look at the flat button tray along the bottom of the center stack as I initially hoped one option would be to change out the button array/surround but realized there would no way to wire in the two 3-position switches I would need for each pair of light relays (one for the pair of spots and the other for the pair of driving lights). Also, I could not figure out how to safely remove the panel as it felt really flimsy and would easily break if not careful so I didn't risk it. While I also didn't research the air suspension switch itself, I think it would be a 3-position switch; if so, I could probably hook up one pair of lights to it but that would turn into a costly mod for just one light switch. I certainly think it would look pretty slick if there was room for a couple of 3-position/6 tab switches!

So right now, I have both pairs of lights wired into one Rigid 3-way position switch located in the bottom panel alongside the center console. I am going to remove the center console to see the best locations for 2 switches (hopefully just left of the USB ports and within easy reach) so that I can run each pair independently but also leave all (4) backlights on as running lights when driving (right now, all the lights are either full on or off so not displaying the extra backlighting feature that comes with the Rigid 360-Series).

Edit: Spelling correction and duplicate photo removal
Rigid LED 3-position light switch_1.jpg

IMG-0278.jpg

Last edited:

Downytide

Reaction score
Yea, I can see the extra effort involves, I thought about using the spare switches beside the 4ways that was reserved for lane keep and automatic parking to power up some accessories.

On a side note, mind share why you chose the G003? I've had G015 before and liked them, but never really seen anyone used G003.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really really like this set up... like really. The cap, wheels and lights tie in so well it looks factory. I'm amazed how well that cap follows and continues the lines of the truck, and with the color match it's a perfect look.

Mentioned it before, but I'm copying that light install one day. It's terrific.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Yea, I can see the extra effort involves, I thought about using the spare switches beside the 4ways that was reserved for lane keep and automatic parking to power up some accessories.

On a side note, mind share why you chose the G003? I've had G015 before and liked them, but never really seen anyone used G003.

Sure...if you're interested, I have a detailed write up on my tire selection process in my build thread (see signature below); just click on the link at bottom of my first post marked "Tire Shortlist"!

Really really like this set up... like really. The cap, wheels and lights tie in so well it looks factory. I'm amazed how well that cap follows and continues the lines of the truck, and with the color match it's a perfect look.

Mentioned it before, but I'm copying that light install one day. It's terrific.

Thanks Captain...love sharing ideas!

Skater

Reaction score
I do not think I have ever seen a more appropriately dressed Ram buddy. My wife does not let me out of the house sometimes without checking to ensure I am appropriately matching because apparently I have no color coordination or style! I always tell her I had enough panache and style to catch you, right? Nevertheless, you do not appear to be afflicted with my apparent style dilemma as you have coordinated your Ram perfectly. (y) (y) (y)

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Perfect wheel choice.

I do not think I have ever seen a more appropriately dressed Ram buddy. My wife does not let me out of the house sometimes without checking to ensure I am appropriately matching because apparently I have no color coordination or style! I always tell her I had enough panache and style to catch you, right? Nevertheless, you do not appear to be afflicted with my apparent style dilemma as you have coordinated your Ram perfectly. (y) (y) (y)

Thanks guys.

I think everything came together even more after switching out my Falcon suspension for the Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic suspension.

Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic 2.5 Front Coilover Suspension_Rigid 360 Series LEDs_cw.jpg

Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic 2.5 Front Coilover Suspension_Front Quarter_cw.jpg

Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic 2.5 Front Coilover Suspension_Side_cw.jpg

Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic 2.5 Front Coilover Suspension_Rear Quarter_cw.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread